i need some effects. before you say i need a new amp, im getting one this XMAS, i got this money, and probally another 150 in a few weeks. what should i do with it? new pups? i have EMG HZ's in it. I probally want a nice metal tone, and distortion, and maybe some good OD tone. multiple pedals are ok. also, i have 2 daneletro pedals (lol, gift, HORRIBLE ONE btw ) and power units to them. 9 volts at 300 milla amps max. could i use this with the new pedals i get, or am i forced to spend extra money on a 138420913 dollar supply for it
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
get like 10 more dollars and go get a digitech Death Metal pedal.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
hmm i dunno i might go to GC right before my bday play all these pedals and then buy them on ebay, or should i get them new? is ebay a big nono when it comes to pedals?

also, the danelectro metal pedal is actuly OK. not great or good but OKAY. for 15 dollars, it's good. the distortion is jsut total crap.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
save up ur money w/ the extra $150 and put some real active EMGs in it, maybe an 81/85 or 81/60 combo. Depending on what amp u get, id try a Tubescreamer or Jekyll and Hyde before u get new pickups.
Quote by qotsa1998
save up ur money w/ the extra $150 and put some real active EMGs in it, maybe an 81/85 or 81/60 combo. Depending on what amp u get, id try a Tubescreamer or Jekyll and Hyde before u get new pickups.

+1 on that idea. If you want a really sexy distortion/OD sound, try seymour duncan twin tube classic. It's about 220 brand new. And ebay is fine, just watch out for bad ratings.
ill try some active EMG's, because, frankly, I'm happy with the passives. I played some really distorted **** on a 5150 with it, and it was good. well, lets see how actives are.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Why would you want to buy a distortion pedal if your are getting a 5150 this Christmas? Or are you getting another amp?
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
HZs are pretty good for metal as long as you get the newer versions, i actually have HZs in a M202 and i like them, good clean tone and good distorted but i also have a built in pickup boast which is really cool, if your getting a 5150, id honestly just get an od pedal that amp handles metal pretty well
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
What's if the mA of the pedal = less than the adaptor puts out or the total of your pedals if you're daisy chaining then it should be fine.
Quote by dertjoe
HZs are pretty good for metal as long as you get the newer versions, i actually have HZs in a M202 and i like them, good clean tone and good distorted but i also have a built in pickup boast which is really cool, if your getting a 5150, id honestly just get an od pedal that amp handles metal pretty well

WHY?

5150 has more gain than god's testicles

Quote by bananasislegend
get like 10 more dollars and go get a digitech Death Metal pedal.

Your sig made my day
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Nov 10, 2007,
he said he wanted OD tones, the rythm channel plus an OD pedal can give the amp suprisingly different tones
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I bought 2 saddles that i needed to repair for my floyd rose

I got a tubescreamer TS7 (i read it was good, watched some YT vids, and it has a little more gain then the rest of the TS's seems like)

9.50 left

lol
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0