So I was thinking about getting a Valveking and trying one out at guitar center, but searching through the forums it sounds like it doesn't exactly live up to the name. This was in the back of my mind too because it sounded like something was missing, and I was really hoping that it was just the audio quality.

Anywho, I'd like the option for more gain anyway, so I'm wondering, since there are not any high gain valve amps in the price range, what would be good to buy used thats mid to high gain with a good clean channel that won't piss off the people directly (duplex) next store? Maybe a hot plate or some kind of power suck would be a good idea for Christmas?

I was thinking about a Carvin Legacy but I feel thats too much of a jump and since I'm selling my Vox ADVT 30, the Carvin will be the only thing I'll play out of.

Music I play:
Weezer, Megadeth, Steve Vai (I try too anyway ), Barenaked Ladies, Metallica, music from the band I'm in, etc...

Gear: See signiture

Thanks a million guys
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Try a Randall RG50TC. I think it's around that price range, and it's good for high gain stuff. So is the B-52 AT something or other.
Quote by Denthúl
Try a Randall RG50TC. I think it's around that price range, and it's good for high gain stuff. So is the B-52 AT something or other.

B-52s are really nice overdrive amps, like really. I dont own one, but my friend can get huge distortion out of it. I haven't used that randall before, but the only problem with the B52 is their tubes break real easily.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
I have a B52 stealth series half stack that i got used from guitar center for 300 dolars and it sounds amazing. I can get insane gain from it with no effects and it sounds great at low volumes and when its cranked which is pretty damn loud.
^ I didn't know that the Stealth Series were all-valve as well. Those might be worth looking into, too
The B-52 Stealth sounded good for metal. Not sure about the clean channel though...
- Douglas Adams
My apologies for the double post, I just need to know what I want to buy so I can get it after I sell the Vox for my band : /
- Douglas Adams
peavey windsor maybe if you don't need cleans?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
peavey windsor maybe if you don't need cleans?

+1

was thinking of a windsor