Ok so i just got my Epiphone G400 and i don't know what the hell kind of gauge strings it has on it. Since ill have to change then sooner or later i don't wanna accidentally go a few gauges higher or lower then have to adjust my truss rod to avoid fret buzz and stuff.

What would be your recommendation ?
New guitars mostly come with .9 as the normal gauge.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
It depends on the scale length.

Fender-types have a scale length of 25.5 inches, and generally come with 9's.
Gibson types have a scale length of 24.75 inchs, and generally come with 10's

If you put 9's on a gibson type, they might feel a bit too soft and hard to control.
^^^ most companies besides fender or tremelo loaded guitars have .10 gauge as a standard, and normally gibson loads epis with .10 gibson strings
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
^^^ most companies besides fender or tremelo loaded guitars have .10 gauge as a standard

Reary?

Schecter use .10's on their C-1 guitars, which are "fat" guitars, more comparable to gibson than fender tone-wise, so I guess that has somethign to do with it.

Ibanez RG's and S's have 9's on them. At least from waht I've tried.

But I prefer 10's myself. Sorry if I confused anyone.
Normally 9/10s, in all honesty, its not going to misalign the truss rod and if you have your guitar set up well currently, it should be fine for fret buzz. It's only like .01-.05 of difference. /Maybe/ you'd have to raise the bridge slightly, but I wouldnt worry.