http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/msg/474416351.html

It not an MG halfstack, its one of the ones before it. I was planning on buying it, and then Swapping in my Valve Jr Into the head, with Marshall Mods, so it then looks and sounds like a Marshall.

Its only $50, and even if it sucks, it looks ****ing AWESOME and I could have a bookshelf.
If you just need the cabs, then for 50 bucks it's a bargain.

The head sucks ass, though. Marshall never got along with solid states

EDIT: just out of interest, how Marshallous can you get a modded Valve Junior to sound?
I haven't tried a VJ, but I've heard sound samples and found the stock one to be "unspectacular", so to say. I dunno why everyone likes them. I thought it sucked. How well do the mods work?
Last edited by sashki at Nov 10, 2007,
Looks like a helluva bookshelf.

I don't think your idea is a bad one. I'd try to turn around and sell the head rather than put the VJ guts in there, but that's your call.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ They're going to be sh!tty Celestions, just so you know.

It's a cheap, short term solution. You'll want to swap out those speakers if you keep the cabs. But yeah, definitely go with the head. As bad as they are, those cabs will probably be better than the VJ combo's speaker.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'd get the combo and mod it with speaker outputs, as well. There's not much of a price difference, and considering the fact that you're getting it for your birthday, you should take the combo.
That way, it'll work even without external speakers, but if you have some, you can plug those in too.
Quote by slatsmania
^ They're going to be sh!tty Celestions, just so you know.

It's a cheap, short term solution. You'll want to swap out those speakers if you keep the cabs. But yeah, definitely go with the head. As bad as they are, those cabs will probably be better than the VJ combo's speaker.
Anything is better than my MG right now, and I'm sure this would be cool.
you realize how small those cabs are correct, honestly id look for a cheap carvin or avatar 2x12 to run your head through
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Kinda like my old MG15MSII, I was thinking of doing something like that, but then figured it wasn't worth it and I couldn't be arsed. Cabs are made from crappy wood, and you'd have to upgrade speakers... Just get the VJ stack and keep your amp like it should be. :P:

(Noted the guy has the cabs the wrong way around, angled goes on top... )