There's a guy who recently asked me to join his death metal band as second guitarist a few days ago except I don't think I can keep up with him.....There first song has a tremolo picking part in the main riff and I can't do that well, I use my arm instead of my wrist so I can't transition well......I've been practicing on getting cleaner and faster and stuff but the tremolo picking is really needed so tips on that and commonly used scales used in death/black metal would be appreciated....(Here is their myspace, if this is considered against the rules please edit. Cerement
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
doesn't seem too hard, go for it, and play something different over the tremolo, since you're a 2d guitarist, you CAN play something different =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Yea, I thought about it and suggested the the tremolo be a lead only kind of thing....I need to get some scales down because he wants a second guitarist to help the writing process and add some more power to the sound.....Once I know a scale well enough I can make relatively good riffs that he could probably improve and such...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Lol @ classifying that as easy listening

"Cerement
Metal / Experimental / Healing & EasyListening"

Man I'd like to be in a death metal band too. Too bad no-one here listens to that kind of music and plays instruments...
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Lol @ classifying that as easy listening

"Cerement
Metal / Experimental / Healing & EasyListening"

Man I'd like to be in a death metal band too. Too bad no-one here listens to that kind of music and plays instruments...

They're pretty much the only fans of it.....I enjoy it but I don't like one genre of metal a ton, I love them as a whole though....I did some artwork for them as well....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It shouldn't take you too long to learn how to play that sort of thing. It's just palm muting and tremolo picking.