so slats and _kurtcobain_777 suggested about me getting an f series amp, i looked them up, and i noticed there are two combos in that series, the 30 and the 50, what are the difference between them? apart from the difference in watts?

and the pros and cons?

and i am not considerings the 100 because that way too many watts for me.
post the links to both of them so that we can compare
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by sum_ugly_man
so slats and _kurtcobain_777 suggested about me getting an f series amp, i looked them up, and i noticed there are two combos in that series, the 30 and the 50, what are the difference between them? apart from the difference in watts?

and the pros and cons?

and i am not considerings the 100 because that way too many watts for me.

I own the 50 and have tried the 30.

There is actually quite a difference in tone between the two, making me glad I went for the 50. Your best is to just try them; they're both high quality tube amps, so that's not the issue. Just keep in mind you might love the way one sounds more than the other.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
lol the thing is i dont have a link because you can't find them on the mesa website anymore

and to bonsai, what do you mean difference in tone? can you be a little more precise please?

i need some nice clean and some high gain distortion, but also some classic distortion
The F-30 is El84 equipped, whilst the F-50 has a pair of 6L6s. Also,the 30 has a V30 speaker whilst the 50 has the Mesa/Celestion Black Shadow, though the differences between these are pretty trivial.
The 50W is a little louder and has considerably more clean headroom, so it sounds a bit tighter and brighter like a Fender. The 30W is looser and overdrives nicely at low volume - though the cleans are less Fender-y and closer to a Vox or Marshall Bluesbreaker.

Overall the 50W is more versatile and handles both heavy and light sounds with ease. The 30W gets a great power tube OD for medium-gain styles like blues and classic rock, but El84s aren't an ideal choice for heavy styles, or where a super-clean tone is required.

The weight and price difference isn't that big, so the F-50 would be my choice.
Quote by kyle62
The F-30 is El84 equipped, whilst the F-50 has a pair of 6L6s. Also,the 30 has a V30 speaker whilst the 50 has the Mesa/Celestion Black Shadow, though the differences between these are pretty trivial.
The 50W is a little louder and has considerably more clean headroom, so it sounds a bit tighter and brighter like a Fender. The 30W is looser and overdrives nicely at low volume - though the cleans are less Fender-y and closer to a Vox or Marshall Bluesbreaker.

Overall the 50W is more versatile and handles both heavy and light sounds with ease. The 30W gets a great power tube OD for medium-gain styles like blues and classic rock, but El84s aren't an ideal choice for heavy styles, or where a super-clean tone is required.

The weight and price difference isn't that big, so the F-50 would be my choice.

well i dont really care for the weight because i never, EVER carry my amp all alone, well the thing is im too lazy to do it XD and also yeah the price is really high on these things, and thanks man great description going for the 5o for sure
the F100 has a 60W/100W setting before you completely disregard it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids