im trying to learn the harmonic minor scale but its so hard to memorize all the notes. the pentatonic is easy because it is always the same positions regardless of key. yet the harmonic minor is different positions for every key. how would i learn all th harmonic minor positions? or should i just learn key by key.?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
I don't understand what you mean by this;

the pentatonic is easy because it is always the same positions regardless of key. yet the harmonic minor is different positions for every key

?
You seem to be misguided. Different scales are fixed sets of intervals, relating to the root. If you change the root, and thus the key, the other notes in the scale will still have the same relationship to it.

This means you can make harmonic minor "boxes" and move them around the neck, depending on the key, just as you can with the pentatonic scale. But you shouldn't You should see the neck as a whole, and the first thing you should do is to learn all the notes on the fretboard.