Hello all

I've seen a lot of guitars of unknown brands being advertised saying taht they're "made in the same factory as" some reputable guitar maker. Sometimes, they don't even say who this maker is.

So do guitar companies share korean sweatshops for their production?

Does that mean that we can expect similar quality standards between different brands?

Can anyone give examples of different brands made in the same factory?
Quote by sashki
Hello all

I've seen a lot of guitars of unknown brands being advertised saying taht they're "made in the same factory as" some reputable guitar maker. Sometimes, they don't even say who this maker is.

Does that mean that we can expect similar quality standards between different brands?

What? You mean Farida? I've seen that advert.
Quote by sashki
Hello all

An example would be Cort making a few Ibanez models.

Guitars, especially the cheaper ones are usually ordered from a certain factory, as opposed to a brand actually owning a plant. When an order is completed, or their is some capacity left over, they will either let another brand fill this gap or make their own guitars.

Since some of these guitars carry unknown names, they advertise them by saying their made in the same factory as brand X.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Samick - one of the largest in the world.

Samick no longer carry the Samick name; they are now called Greg Bennett Guitars. Some other brands Samick builds guitars for include Epiphone, Gibson, Washburn, and Hohner. Recently have signed their first signature to Michael Graham of East Coast Ambitions with a signature Samick F100