for the summer I was practicing almost every day for a few hours. I didn't think I was getting any good and I got kind of bored for a while. I haven't played really in a month but now that I'm picking it up again I realize how good I used to be, which worries me. I used to be able to play just free in any key and play what sounds would come to mind and I didn't even know it, but I lost it after not playing for a while. I'm worried something is wrong, I'm sure practicing hard for a week I'd be back in shape but is it normal to get setback so much?
Well, any skill is like a fire. You have to keep contributing to it or else it'll burn out.

Your ability will come back with hard practice though. So you shouldn't worry.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Well, you have to practice, I mean it's the same in anyhting. In baseball, if you didn't throw a ball for a month, you think you can suddenly pitch a 9-inning game? Of course not. It's the same in everything (sorry about the repeat), once you work yourself up there, you still have to work hard to mantain that level of playing. Steve Vai (or was it Slash) practiced 10 hours a day when he dropped out in high school and he still does now (unless he has something important).
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Well, any skill is like a fire. You have to keep contributing to it or else it'll burn out.

Your ability will come back with hard practice though. So you shouldn't worry.

Good simile, sorry for sounding geeky.
I stopped playing Guitar Hero for a month. Sucked ass when I played it again last week so I gave up on it, just picked it up and cleared halfway through expert and got a 5-star on YYZ when all I used to get were 3-stars.

Practice a little, you'll be just fine.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
thanks for the advice, it was kind of depressing when I was goofing around and it was sounding really disjointed and uneven where messing around on the same riff 2 months ago would have been second nature to me.