My problem is that almost no matter how I pluck the strings I always have my nails making that horrible sound. I cut my nails so short that they hurt really bad and it still happens so I am guessing it is something with my technique.

I used to play classical guitar a while back so that might have something to do with it.

The only way I can get a good sound is by like instead of plucking the string, dragging my finger over it but that first join after the fingertip is bent backwards and I don't see people doing that in any of the videos.

Can someone please just explain which part of your finger you are supposed to pick with and some help with my problem mabe?
Zakk Wyld Epi
SD-1 Overdrive
Martin DX1
Is it a clicking noise? If so, you might be playing too hard and clicking the string on the pickups. In that case you can lower your pickups, or raise your strings.
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
Quote by Rib5

The only way I can get a good sound is by like instead of plucking the string, dragging my finger over it but that first join after the fingertip is bent backwards and I don't see people doing that in any of the videos.

Who cares what they do in the videos? Do what works for you. Personally I push my finger so that it slides past the string, which is the same thing as what you're saying I think.
My nails hit sometimes...I usually hit the string a little bit above the third joint...And as Zycho said, find your own method...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls