how do i resize a picture without losing the quality? i have a picture that i need to have quadrupled in size, but every time i do it gets very blurry. im using irfanview if that helps.
You using XP?

Search google for Image Resizer Powertoy.

Trust me, as rude as it sounds, it's not.

::EDIT:: Didn't read the question properly, ignore my input, listen to Kensai.
Last edited by filthandfury at Nov 10, 2007,
Unless you've got the same technology they got in CSI, you can't quadruple the size and retain a feasible quality.

There are some programs out there (I've forgotten the names) that do a good job, but don't expect miracles.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by filthandfury
You using XP?

Search google for Image Resizer Powertoy.

Trust me, as rude as it sounds, it's not.

haha yeah im using xp. thanks, ill give it a shot.
Quote by Kensai
Unless you've got the same technology they got in CSI, you can't quadruple the size and retain a feasible quality.

There are some programs out there (I've forgotten the names) that do a good job, but don't expect miracles.

hahaha, good one
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by Kensai

well what if the picture was originally that big, and somehow got ridiculously tiny? i need to restore it to its original size, or close to it.
Quote by thundrstruk891
well what if the picture was originally that big, and somehow got ridiculously tiny? i need to restore it to its original size, or close to it.

Not really; when you resize you discard the information that was originally there, and you can't get it back. Do you have different resizing options in infranview? Like bicubic, billinear and stuff?
Quote by Kensai
Not really; when you resize you discard the information that was originally there, and you can't get it back. Do you have different resizing options in infranview? Like bicubic, billinear and stuff?

no. and for some reason i cant install the resizer powertoy lol. this isnt looking good.
alien skin blowup. its $199, but you could probably get it from bitorrents or something...
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by boboguitar
alien skin blowup. its $199, but you could probably get it from bitorrents or something...

lol thats out of my price range, thanks though.
Quote by thundrstruk891
lol thats out of my price range, thanks though.

you could probably download it online, or get the free demo thing...
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by boboguitar
you could probably download it online, or get the free demo thing...

i got the free demo, but it says i need to run it with photoshop, which i dont have. is there a way around that?

edit: nvm, im downloading a photoshop demo.
Last edited by thundrstruk891 at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by thundrstruk891
i got the free demo, but it says i need to run it with photoshop, which i dont have. is there a way around that?

edit: nvm, im downloading a photoshop demo.

Lol is this "picture" really worth all this?
Quote by The Spoon
Lol is this "picture" really worth all this?

haha. yeah, its a gift for my dad for his birthday. its a picture hes wanted me to get him a copy of for a while, and its saved to my computer. so i was gonna print it out at walgreens and frame it for him, but its about twice the size of a postage stamp. so i need to fix it.
Quote by thundrstruk891
haha. yeah, its a gift for my dad for his birthday. its a picture hes wanted me to get him a copy of for a while, and its saved to my computer. so i was gonna print it out at walgreens and frame it for him, but its about twice the size of a postage stamp. so i need to fix it.

Hm... I'd really try to find the original, or atleast a bigger picture if I were you. When it's that small there's very little information to be enlarged and it will come out blurry no matter what you do.
Quote by Kensai
Hm... I'd really try to find the original, or atleast a bigger picture if I were you. When it's that small there's very little information to be enlarged and it will come out blurry no matter what you do.

alright. its probably a lost cause anyway. thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it.