ok heres what happened;

i'm trying to sell some of my guitars to get some money, just like every other guitarist, right? so I have this purple ibanez from the early 90's that I rescued from a pawn shop. it had a floyd rose II when i got it, and afterwards i dropped in a seymore hot rails at the neck and a bill lawrence in the bridge. i also was fortunate enough to see michael angelo batio do a clinic at a local guitar shop and get this guitar signed by him. but with all these great features, its still just not right for me. the neck feels awkward to me and its surprisingly heavy for an RG. so i've decided to sell it.

i have a friend who has been playing for about as long as me, and hes just sold one of his guitars and is going to sell another. hes looking for another guitar, as you might expect, as an upgrade from the world of sqires and epiphones he has been in his entire musical career. so I said "hey, do you want to buy my ibanez?" now, he doesn't really think things through before he commits to doing something, and hes very indecisive (he had gone through about ten possible guitars that he wanted to buy before i offered him mine). because he couldn't really get to play others that he had seen in magazines or on the web, I figured since this was the only one he would be able to get in his hands, he would buy it for sure. oh, and another thing, he doesn't know s**t about electronics.

so I gave it to him to let him play it for awhile and see how he liked it, knowing that he generally takes care of all his equipment.

after about a week he calls me and says he was trying to make the volume knob level (wtf) and had snapped the top part of the pot shaft off. i wasn't too surprised since i knew that i had already sheered off half of it and it was going to break anyway. so i told him to get another pot and i would replace it. well, there must have been a miscommunication because when i got it, the shaft had been ripped out, the original pot was torn apart, and someone had taken a wire cutter to the control cavity (apparently a soldering iron wasn't readily available at the time) and completely annihilated the wiring. AND on top of that, he decided to use some rubbing compound on the headstock to make it "shiny-er", but in the process took off part of the logo and SMEARED THE SIGNATURE.

so my question is this; should I sell him this guitar? I would hate to see it go through the torture it has endured after just a week for the rest of its days. but i really need some moolah....
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Damn...Bit of a **** lol...But hey,if he damages it,its his problem,hell yeah...Sell it!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Hes a complete douche. Make him pay for a new pot and have electronics to be fixed. Don't sell it man, you may need the money but i think youll regret it if you do.
Quote by andyd93
Damn...Bit of a **** lol...But hey,if he damages it,its his problem,hell yeah...Sell it!

no, its my problem because I have to wasted time and money fixing it
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
"You break it you buy it." And yes, sell it to him.

Edit: And if he doesn't buy it, make him pay for repairs. What a douche...
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
make him pay for the damages cos nobody else will buy it, at least not for what its worth
I want to know what the deuce is wrong with epiphones????
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by rizo299
No bel-air, you fail.

Tell him that he broke it so he's buying it.

I was thinking of that...
Quote by Natrone

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Signatures don't really increase the value much at all. Unless it was Jimi Hendrix' signature or Robert Johnson, you would have gotten and extra $5 for it. Maybe.

Just tell him he owes you $10 to fix the electronics.
Quote by cashewchaching
I want to know what the deuce is wrong with epiphones????

nothing, its just that all of his sucked
Quote by Natrone

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by dale-banez
nothing, its just that all of his sucked

okay
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Sell it to him...If someone did that to my guitar it's theirs and they owe me money even if it's a friend
Make him pay for it, but tell him the thing is worth $2000 USD. It's his fault, sounds like a twat to me anyways. He took a pair of wire cutters to the ****ing wiring? Who the hell does he think he is? **** him, get your money, you deserve it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Sell it. If it's this messed up now then nobody else is going to buy it are they? And if it's not fixable (or cheaply fixable, since you're looking for cash) then you're not gonna want it either.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
If he still wants to buy it, I'd just let him...did he say if he actually liked the guitar or not?
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by GeetarAbuse
If he still wants to buy it, I'd just let him...did he say if he actually liked the guitar or not?

yeah he likes it, but he keeps looking at other guitars and saying "maybe i'll buy that". it really pisses me off

Quote by Dog454
Make him pay for it, but tell him the thing is worth $2000 USD. It's his fault, sounds like a twat to me anyways. He took a pair of wire cutters to the ****ing wiring? Who the hell does he think he is? **** him, get your money, you deserve it.

I already told him I would sell it to him for $365
Quote by Natrone

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
1. You said yourself the guitar isn't right for you.
2. Your friend ****ed it up.
3. The signature is smeared.

Sell it.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Punch him in the face, or something. Then let him buy it, at a high price (stranger).

"What are yah buyin? what are yah selling?" ...ah yes... buy it at a high price!

on topic though-- Sell it to him.
Quote by yellowshirtguy
"What are yah buyin? what are yah selling?" ...ah yes... buy it at a high price!

on topic though-- Sell it to him.

Resident Evil 4?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by si!
It's his fault completely, but you're also a jerk for trying to sell your friend an awkward guitar.

I said it felt awkward to me, it may not feel awkward to him
Quote by Natrone

Quote by mystique facade

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Make him buy it of course, he messed it up so technically he should pay for it. Dont worry wheter or not he mistreats it later, thats his business and you'll have your money.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original