Page 1 of 2
I was told it is a pinch harmonic but I haven't tried that yet, anyone got the answer before I go?
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
yes he uses Pinch Harmonics... a lot more than needed. He also ruined crazy train that way, and ruined ozzy osbourne all in all. I never really listened to them that much, but I know RR was a lot better.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
...Yes it is a pinch harmonic.

Why not try it before posting? It takes 2 seconds.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Lightitup
...Yes it is a pinch harmonic.

Why not try it before posting? It takes 2 seconds.

He probally doesn't know how to do it.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
I just got a lesson on themany Idea on what frets, and strings he does them on.
Quote by RentACar
Get a Marshal Mg amp; the distortion is crushing!

No, you got it all wrong.

I believe it's all about the slamming overdrive!
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Come to think of it, I suck at pinch harmonics on the 1st and second string. I have 9's, so I guess it's harder. I might as well get some 10's next time for PH.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Quote by What_is_my_name
How Much Distortion?
Didn't you see? It's SLAMMING overdrive!
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Quote by RentACar
Get a Marshal Mg amp; the distortion is crushing!

And play a harmonic.

Please be sarcastic, please be sarcastic...

*Misses KFK reference*
Quote by webbtje
Please be sarcastic, please be sarcastic...

Haven't you seen those totally bitchin' ads?

They've got a new one about the 100% metal Zakk Wylde signature Tea Kettle.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I hate how everyone thinks you have to use as much distortion for it to be possible to do a pinch harmonic! you can do it unplugged if you want but it sounds alot better with alot of distortion.
Quote by Links 2 3 4
Didn't you see? It's SLAMMING overdrive!

yeah after I posted. sorry.
Zakk Wylde is ****ing terrible. I saw him play with Ozzy at the Scream awards on Spike TV a couple weeks ago. He played pinch harmonics at the end of every bar... That guy needs to go home and think about what hes done.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
No, you got it all wrong.

I believe it's all about the slamming overdrive!

Yeah, MAKE IT THUNDER!
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Links 2 3 4
yes he uses Pinch Harmonics... a lot more than needed. He also ruined crazy train that way, and ruined ozzy osbourne all in all. I never really listened to them that much, but I know RR was a lot better.

You suck.

Get out.

Now.

He may be a little PH Heavy, but he hasnt ruined ****.
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
Quote by Coaxke
You suck.

Get out.

Now.

O RLY?
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Zakk is a great guitarist but Its just he is a pitch harmonic-oid freak ,If you are like him your going to end up ruining Crazy train live..
Quote by Coaxke
You suck.

Get out.

Now.

Live ,yes is he does...but in studio naw.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pa6ynh0MGcU

he does PH like 340 times through the whole song...but I still like this version,I think I'm a PH whore..
Last edited by Cannibalwolf at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by Cannibalwolf
Zakk is a great guitarist but Its just he is a pitch harmonic-oid freak ,If you are like him your going to end up ruining Crazy train live..

Great guitarist? ha ha ha ha ha ha
You need to expand your horizons a lot. Theres no doubt he can play, but he's a long long way from being great. Plus the overuse of pinch harmonics is a joke. The new Ozzy album is the weakest he's ever done. Much of that rest directly on the shoulders of Zakk the one trick guitarist. It's not like it's hard to do pinch harmonics, but like everything else, a little taste, tone, and tenacity goes a long way. He shows none of the three on the latest album.
Play your guitar as much as you can.
Then play some more.
Quote by ztarz
Great guitarist? ha ha ha ha ha ha
You need to expand your horizons a lot. Theres no doubt he can play, but he's a long long way from being great. Plus the overuse of pinch harmonics is a joke. The new Ozzy album is the weakest he's ever done. Much of that rest directly on the shoulders of Zakk the one trick guitarist. It's not like it's hard to do pinch harmonics, but like everything else, a little taste, tone, and tenacity goes a long way. He shows none of the three on the latest album.

Yeah, when you sell over 30 million album and make solos like Mr.crowley then tell me that he is not a great guitarist until then stfu.
Quote by Cannibalwolf
Yeah, when you sell over 30 million album and make solos like Mr.crowley then tell me that he is not a great guitarist until then stfu.

...Did you just say that Zakk Wylde made the Mr. Crowley solo?
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Cannibalwolf

too bad randy wrote mr crowley and not zakk

but yeah i do have to agree after the 10 PH in a measure he does get a bit old. you can pretty much predict the entire song after hearing that first riff

*some drop C chug riff* + PH

repeat
NOPE
Quote by What_is_my_name
How Much Distortion?
You cant do pinch harmonics unless you have the Zakk Wylde Microstack:

Last edited by FRDesign at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by Cannibalwolf

wow...

You seriously have no clue about Ozzy.
You want the flesh of your thumb to brush the string directly after the pick sounds the string....It may take a long time to get that first one but once you get it it's easy...Jazz style picks make it easier for me....

I really just don't like Zakk, he uses PH's as fills and rarely uses them musically like Dimebag or Randy did.....He only uses like three frets for PH's in every one of his songs but it sounds different when he changes tuning.....I like his solo's though...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by FRDesign
wow...

You seriously have no clue about Ozzy.

Sorry I don't have time to study Ozzy my friend,My mistake.
Quote by Cannibalwolf

you.did.NOT.just.disrespect.randy.rhoads.like.that.

*dies*
Top lel.
Whoever said Zakk is a one trick pony, you're a moron. Fair enough he is aquired taste, but he most certainly isn't a one trick pony.
Yes, they are pinch harmonics, search youtube or something for a lesson because there are millions around for them.

And anyway
Pinch harmonics
Quote by the memory
you.did.NOT.just.disrespect.randy.rhoads.like.that.

*dies*

MY.BAD.DUDE.

*revives the memory*
All these guys hating on Zakk Wylde lol Dont be mad because he's 30x better than you'll ever be.
Quote by Cannibalwolf
MY.BAD.DUDE.

*revives the memory*

*drags self off the floor*

thats better

now.....BOW DOWN AND RESPECT RANDY RHOADS!
Top lel.
Quote by FRDesign
You cant do pinch harmonics unless you have the Zakk Wylde Microstack:

ROFL i laughed so hard xD
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Artorious
All these guys hating on Zakk Wylde lol Dont be mad because he's 30x better than you'll ever be.
Yes, because we are all totally incapable of wanking the E minor pentatonic with random pinch harmonics thrown in like some kind of nervous tick.

The guy's fast, and he's got good consistency; I'll give him those, and those are two good things to have. He's got ****-all else though and has all the artistic merit and originality of your typical top 20 chart-topping pop song, quite frankly.

Also
Quote by FRDesign

Holy roffles.
Quote by bokuho
Yes, because we are all totally incapable of wanking the E minor pentatonic with random pinch harmonics thrown in like some kind of nervous tick.

The guy's fast, and he's got good consistency; I'll give him those, and those are two good things to have. He's got ****-all else though and has all the artistic merit and originality of your typical top 20 chart-topping pop song, quite frankly.

Also
Holy roffles.

What about the fact he's an awesome singer, brilliant producer and plays the piano, along with other instruments, pretty perfectly. You have to admit the man has talent away from his over use of pinch harmonics, wah and minor pentatonics. The fact he's a complete tool aswell doesn't help him
I sound like one of those fanboys who thinks he's some kind of supreme god like most Zakk fans seem to be
Quote by Cannibalwolf

I ****ING LOL'D

learn rock before you try to make such comments.

dumbass.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Page 1 of 2