Okay, so as some of you may or may not know, I decided against the Visual Sound Route 66 due to price, and decided to get a Dyna Comp and budget od.

So, which do you all think is best??

Ibanez TS-7
Digitech Bad Monkey
FAB Overdrive

Also, I know there are some overdrives on the market that are supposed to make SS amps sound tubey, and the make tube amps sound awful. So, are any of those above like that? How do I know which do what??

THanks.

PS I need it to cover blues, so keep that in mind.

Thanks again.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
id definitely get the bad monkey...can mod it later on maybe

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I like my bad monkey, but mainly for it's versatility. Sometimes I wish I went for the Electro-Harmonix LPB-1.

Out of those I would choose the bad monkey though.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
TS7, even easier to mod later down the road, as it already has the desired chip. Sounds fine stock as well. I bought one for my dad, and he loves it (has been playing for 30+ years). It's $40, and has a wide range of OD
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
^ I would, but 100 bucks is too much, considering I already have a BD-2. And I need to add the price to the 70 doller Dyna Comp and still be less than 140.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
save for the ts-9 or take in count the ts-7. out of yours, i chose the bad monkey. no verdrive makes ss sound like tube and tube sound like marshall MG, they enhace somewhat the tone of the ss (but not to the point of tube) and are like the boost to the tube overdrive
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
look into modding the BD-2 as well, maybe EC will do it
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
you put the burden of being everyones pedal bitch when you opened up shop. Just kidding

For $65, Robert Keeley can mod it, or you can do it for significantly less if you know someone who is good with a soldering iron
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
umm...why do you want another od then? if you have the bd?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
my thoughts exactly
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
you put the burden of being everyones pedal bitch when you opened up shop. Just kidding

For $65, Robert Keeley can mod it, or you can do it for significantly less if you know someone who is good with a soldering iron

ok. i see ur point. go on.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
and also because you're fantastic at pedal making/modding and i want this guy to know he is getting a quality modification without selling his first born
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
I want another od because my BD-2 is set to a classic rock type tone, more so than blues at least, and I want a bluesy od.

I don't wanna mod my BD, I love it, it was like the first pedal I loved.

And I thought there were pedals that enhance SS amps...I tried a Super Overdrive on my Twin and it cut the signal volume and tone in half and made it sound god awful.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by Johnonon
and also because you're fantastic at pedal making/modding and i want this guy to know he is getting a quality modification without selling his first born

i just finished my line buffer. it's pretty good. no hiss. but i'm thinking my battery isn't feeding enough voltage...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The Bad Monkey seems nice. Is it good with blues??:
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Okay, so as some of you may or may not know, I decided against the Visual Sound Route 66 due to price, and decided to get a Dyna Comp and budget od.

How much money are you gonna save, and how much quality are you going to lose?

I think you should reconsider and go with the Route 66. My son has the Jekyll & Hyde, so I can definitely vouch for the OD side of the 66: It's great.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah, I know the OD is going to be great, but he compressor. I know the Dyna Comp has the rep and I've not gotten a solid opinion on the compressor of the 66.

And since I already have an od...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?