I am about to take the duncan pickups out of my blackjack and of course swap with the 81 85's my question is this, how in the heck do you wire a 3 way switch to this? I have been to EMG's website and their diagram does not match my switch. I will be using a straight blade switch, not like the switch that they are showing on the website... my biggest question is, how do I do this? here is the emg link
http://www.emginc.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/EMG-Hseries.pdf
look at the 1 volume, 1 tone, and 3 say switch... and this is what mine looks like...
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Way-Selector-Blade-Switch-for-Tele-type-Guitars-E13B_W0QQitemZ130159715265QQihZ003QQcategoryZ47076QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem any help? Thanks so much!
Never mind I just realized that they have freakin numbers on them... new question though, notice how the white wires are coming off the switch... they go over the neck/bridge wires... are those supposed to be soldered together? I am not sure...because if you look at the capacitor the wires are cut to show that they are not connected... am I right or mistaken on both accounts?
I dont believe those wires are supposed to be soldered, i think they just did that little cut away with the capacitor because the lines were the same color
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
I know my thread on this is old but could be very useful to someone planning on doing this... if you have basic knowledge of electronics and know how to solder, just follow directions and this install will be a breeze, no need to take this to a guitar tech if you have those abilities. EASY INSTALL!
Quote by i bleed metal
take it to a guitar tech

Yeah and pay over $50. It's so worth the 15 minutes of trouble it takes to wire two humbuckers.

EDIT: Holy ****!!! Z0Mbi3-4$s thR34dzszz!11!one!
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Jul 29, 2009,