I play heavy metal and hard rock and nu-metal. Im looking at the EMG 81 (neck) and an 89(bridge). Is this wise, or should I go with something passive liek invaders or something? Im wanting to up the EMG After Burner on them both as well. so Im trying to not spend ovwr $300 with equipment and installation.
I have an 81 and a 60 in one guitar, and it sounds phenomenal. I have one afterburner set for both of them, but I suppose theoretically you could do two independent afterburners. Personally, I know a lot of people don't like EMG's, and I think what guitar they are in probably has an influence on that as well. In my guitar, as I said, they sound great.
do you have the 60 in the Bridge or the neck?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Promooooooo. My friend works for line 6, so technically its nto mine, but I got the Pod X3 live last year too. I payed over full price for it but It was worth it. It actually hits stores on like Nov 28th or something.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Nice. I will soon be getting a semi-unreleased amp (in my sig) and I'm pretty excited. How do you like the Spidervalve? I've heard a lot of mixed things--good things from reputable sources who spent a decent amound of time with it. Also a lot of bad reviews, though many are from people who spend a total of 5 minutes with it and didn't use anything but the presets.
If you played the Spider III with all the Artist presets, it's the same, but as for sound, it sould be a little better. For the price it's amazing but Id much rahter have like a Krankenstein half stack instead, but since they went in with Bogner its pretty good quality. It jsut depends on what you're trying to do with it as to whether you like it or not. Its my freinds and he plays a whole lot of blues and such and not too much metal, and he loves it, but yeah Im trying to save up for a Krankenstein, just cause It souns amazing.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
I havent heard it yet. I know how much the regular is, so I probly wont have enough to afford a krankenstein +. haha
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
oh, well I could swing $100, but not if it was like $500 more lol.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
I play heavy metal and hard rock and nu-metal. Im looking at the EMG 81 (neck) and an 89(bridge). Is this wise, or should I go with something passive liek invaders or something? Im wanting to up the EMG After Burner on them both as well. so Im trying to not spend ovwr $300 with equipment and installation.

I suggest using an 81 and 85 setup, great range with those two. If you want an idea of how and 81 and 85 sounds people such as Zakk wyld and kirk hammett use this set up. Works a charm for your head bang'n needs mate.

Tellica_fan
The 89 is supposed to be just like the 85 but it has a coil tap. You think that would lighten things up a touch?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment