I have an Epi les paul and have noticed that my second string buzzes slightly when I pick it hard. I am tuned down half step, and if I tuned to standard the buzzing disappears.

I have noticed that the screw the controls the saddle position is loose on the second string, so I suspect thats whats causing the buzzing, if this is causing the problem how would I tighten it?
Quote by ixelion
I have an Epi les paul and have noticed that my second string buzzes slightly when I pick it hard. I am tuned down half step, and if I tuned to standard the buzzing disappears.

I have noticed that the screw the controls the saddle position is loose on the second string, so I suspect thats whats causing the buzzing, if this is causing the problem how would I tighten it?

righty tighty lefty loosey
Its just a thing with the shorter scale of LPs. They have lower string tension to begin with. The harder you pick the more likely it is to get string buzz. And epi fret boards arent know for being the straightest things in the world.
Quote by Tackleberry
Its just a thing with the shorter scale of LPs. They have lower string tension to begin with. The harder you pick the more likely it is to get string buzz. And epi fret boards arent know for being the straightest things in the world.

I read that somewhere before but didnt believe it, i guess its real then
Its why some like LPs and some dont. Strats play different with the longer scale. A LP feels easier to play. I have the epi LP so went thru the same issues. You would probably have to raise the action a little to lower the tuning. Mine had some pretty uneven frets and I have seen some in stores with wavy fret boards. Sometimes you can get a good one sometimes not. Depends on what kind of day they were having in china. I replaced the frets in mine so much better now.
Quote by Tackleberry
Its why some like LPs and some dont. Strats play different with the longer scale. A LP feels easier to play. I have the epi LP so went thru the same issues. You would probably have to raise the action a little to lower the tuning. Mine had some pretty uneven frets and I have seen some in stores with wavy fret boards. Sometimes you can get a good one sometimes not. Depends on what kind of day they were having in china. I replaced the frets in mine so much better now.

Ha, I guess I got lucky then. Mine is fine.
For those about to rock, I salute you