Hey dudes,

Alright so Ive decided to start playing guitar right handed after starting off playing left handed. Yeah I know it feels really weird especially picking. What I would like to know is how long does it usually take for your picking and fretting hand to be atleast decently coordinated? What would be some excerisies to work on that?

And also is it normal to have the wrist of your fretting hand ache after playing? Its been happening when playing righty and never when I was playing lefty.
basically its like learning guitar all over again. just start off where you first started and work your way back up.
I learned to play left handed a bit awhile ago just for fun. It took about six months for it to feel remotely right but it still feels weird today. As for the pain, make sure your wrists and hands are in the same position as they are when you play left.
Quote by dervishguitar
Are you a right handed person or left handed person? If your a lefty, I don't get why you would want to switch to a right handed guitar.

I guess you could say im giving up and succumbing to the conformity within the guitar world
Quote by trsc
I learned to play left handed a bit awhile ago just for fun. It took about six months for it to feel remotely right but it still feels weird today. As for the pain, make sure your wrists and hands are in the same position as they are when you play left.

They are, the right handed guitar Im playing is a ibanez rg2ex1 and my lefty is a schecter c-1 artist
I did that. I played lefty for 3 years and switched about a year ago and now I'm just as good righty as I was lefty. I basically just started over, but with an advantage: I play violin righty.

And I have the same wrist ache, dunno what to do about it. I just ignore it!

EDIT: And to answer your question, it will take you over a year to get to your original skill though intense practicing.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I don't get why you would switch. It takes away from your ability to play with your dominant hand, and if not that, you are losing valuable practice hours with your dominant hand. You should spend time getting better at your regular playing instead of teaching your muscles and brain to do the exact opposite of what it has been doing.

Just my two cents, and I might be wrong. That's just what I think makes logical sense.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Im a lefty and cant even begin to play a righty. I have seen where some will put the strings on upside down. So a righty strung correctly could be flipped over and played with out flipping the strings. As for the conformity its overrated. I know I hear it all the time thats a nice guitar wish I could play it buts it backwards, and I say yea its a pity with alot of sarcasm. It can be tough to find guitars. I just make my own now so can have any color I want. Stick with being a lefty.