Page 1 of 2
I was wondering if there are any positive effects of smoking. Obviously they probably don't out weigh the negative effects, just a question.

Any comments like "smoking is stupid", or any other spam/flaming/etc will be reported.
I like smoking, the feel of the smoke, the feeling I get from it and the general aspect of SMOKE.
If I remember right, pot can help prevent alzheimer's.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
a different perception of the world, more chilled, stress relief...wait u mean weed right, cuz cigarettes idk
Smoking cigarettes just calms you down. It gives you something to look forward to.

Smoking pot releases your stress because it creates this timeless world of pure bliss.

I recently read that people who smoke pot are actually a lot healthier than some kids who do not smoke.
it makes me less stressed and its a good convo starter, to ask a girl if she has a light and then BANG stick it in her ass.
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
Quote by Slaytanic6606
If I remember right, pot can help prevent alzheimer's.

Were you intentionally trying to do that? Because if so I must commend you on having a sense of humor.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
man, the first time you get high, then smoke tobacco is magical
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
I'm not so sure it does. like you said, not enough to out weigh the negative effects.
Member #16 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join
Quote by SG thrasher
Makes you look really, really cool.

we aint in the 1950's anymore fonzie
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by ctb
I've noticed that it definitely calms people.

Think about it.

Not only is the nicotene making you feel almost euphoric, you are taking deep breathes.

It's VERY relaxing. For awhile, then you start needing it...
Quote by larry jones
I recently read that people who smoke pot are actually a lot healthier than some kids who do not smoke.

I'm gonna be bold and say thats a load of crap, unless the "healthy" kids they compared them to were dead.
Quote by roger24
one time, when no-one was looking, i pooped in the hole of a accustic guitar.
Quote by puppetmaster917
I'm gonna be bold and say thats a load of crap, unless the "healthy" kids they compared them to were dead.

It helps you deal with stress. Actually, it eliminates all stress.
Social status.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
damn this talk of weed and my lack of it!

I just wanna go somewhere and chill now!
Quote by larry jones

That's just plain wrong. Everyone ever would smoke if that were true. Most of the stress relief comes from the fact that you are addicted and you need one. So when you have one you feel like the stress has been relieved.

Also, if they have any positives whatsoever, I can guarantee they won't outweigh the negatives. I'm studying oncology (cancer) at university, and you don't want to know the stats.

Edit@ LarryJones. Upi might think you are taking deep breaths, but you would in fact be taking normal breaths compared to someone who doesn't smoke. An individuals peak flow output is massively decreased if they smoke.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
That's just plain wrong. Everyone ever would smoke if that were true. Most of the stress relief comes from the fact that you are addicted and you need one. So when you have one you feel like the stress has been relieved.

Also, if they have any positives whatsoever, I can guarantee they won't outweigh the negatives. I'm studying oncology (cancer) at university, and you don't want to know the stats.

Edit@ LarryJones. Upi might think you are taking deep breaths, but you would in fact be taking normal breaths compared to someone who doesn't smoke. An individuals peak flow output is massively decreased if they smoke.

he's talkin' 'bout weed, son.
I enjoy smoking, and the feeling of breathing into my lungs. Also, now the smoking ban is here in the UK, it can actually be benficial to have to go outside - you always end up talking to the other smokers, and it actually makes pulling (opposite sex) easier sometimes haha.

When you're addictied too it calms you down, and I gota say, it's rare but some people do look cool smoking. Ala Duff Mackagan.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
It makes your penis smaller because of the disruption in blood flow..

Um..

I got nothin' else..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by larry jones

You must be forgetting about the stress you get from cancer, the infamous "cancer stress". I assure you its real.
Quote by roger24
Quote by puppetmaster917
You must be forgetting about the stress you get from cancer, the infamous "cancer stress". I assure you its real.

No one has ever died from smoking pot. Don't be so naive.

And I was talking about weed eliminating stress.
I'm hoping there was a lot of sarcasm there.
Quote by roger24
Nope. Give me an example of someone who died directly from weed. Not their lifestyle, not even talking about brain damage or whatever the ****, talking about dying from smoking weed.

It's wayyyyyyyyy less harmful than cigarettes.
Quote by larry jones
Nope. Give me an example of someone who died directly from weed. Not their lifestyle, not even talking about brain damage or whatever the ****, talking about dying from smoking weed.

if you smoke enough weed you could get lung cancer?
though if you smoke that much you're probably ****ed anyway
Quote by larry jones

A man died from eating it. He overdosed and died.

I know that sounds like I just made it up but it was a while ago, I read it in a paper so I can't find it online.
Quote by larry jones

I know a dealer who got killed when he was buying it. Does that count?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 2