well my band played our first show last night an needless to say it was ok. but the sound we had was very bad. Our gear it not bad, we all have very expensive gear.
The other bands that were there were playing through a PA set up. so I guess how it was explained was all the other bands gear was Miced an ran in to the pa an was than mixed an sent back through the pa speakers an monitors.
so I Got a few questions.

first an formost is are monitor speakers that face the band when they play just for vocals or do they containe the mix from the band after it has been mixed an leveled at the mixer so they can hear what they sound like threw the pa speakers so they know what the crowd hears. or are they just for vocals. an if there just for vocals how the hell do you hear anything while you play cause we were so loud that I couldnt hear ****.
so if I had a monitor speaker in front of me an I could hear the bass an drums an vocals come out of it I would know whats happening a little better. but I dont know if thats what its for or if its for vocals.
I have a chart of what my band thought would be a PA set up an what not. we have a large PA but we were only using if for Vocals. an we have a 24 band mixer an what not but we wanted to find out how to set this all up cause none of use could hear what we sounded like on stage. the crowd said it sounded pretty decent but they new we never played a large stage before an that we wernt loud enough but Im like I was pushing 200 watt half stack. A Randall head an a Carvin Legacy Cab an I know thats was loud as **** but I was thinking that the PA would bost our sound an we wouldnt need the Gear so loud. an if it was mixed at the board an volumes ajusted so we sounded all even, an than thrown out to the crowd an to the monitor speakers on stage. we would know what there hearing an we would be able to hear our selve's if our gear wernt pushed to the max. I got a little diagram here so here it is any one who can help this would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by percy_hutchins at Nov 10, 2007,
learn to paragraph dude
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
i kudnt even tell wat the question was there was so much writing u asked like 5 things
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
so any idea's about it. How bout this an this one question the monitor speakers that are on the stage do they just play the vocals or do the monitors play the whole mix.
The monitors can play whatever you want them to. May sound like an asshole reply, but it's the point of monitoring.