Hi! I'm from norway, and I frequently browse and buy guitars from the US on ebay. I have learned a few things that I thought would be worth sharing with present and future sellers. If you're going to sell a guitar on ebay and want a good price, read on for my 7+2 painfully obvious commandments of lucrative foreigner friendly ebaying.

1. Ship worldwide, reach more potential buyers, get WAY better prices, don't make us beg about this (remember, the dollar value is crazy low now -- foreigners are on a guitar shopping spree)

2. If you must refuse #1 for some dumb reason, then accept shipping to p.o. boxes, like those provided by companies like JetCarrier

3. Accept paypal (from confirmed addresses)

4. Please use USPS (or equivalent in your home country), don't insist on using incredibly crappy companies like DHL and UPS, because they are hated

5. Research and set shipping cost beforehand

6. Add HIGH RESOLUTION pictures to your listing, small images are pretty much useless. And add as many pictures as you can

7. Add a buy-it-now option

8. Don't copy and paste marketing speak straight from the guitar company web site (thanks stevo_epi_SG_wo)

9. Include pictures of the dings if there are any (thanks WH15P3R)

That would be all. Feel free to suggest more painfully obvious commandments for lucrative foreigner friendly ebaying

Edit: updated with two more commandments
Last edited by andrerav at Nov 11, 2007,
dont copy and paste straight from the guitar companies web site, i hate that
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
wow...this thread is perfect for me loil..i'm about to put one of my guitars on ebay
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Give a semi-Detailed description of what shape the guitar is and include pictures of the dings if there are any.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
dont copy and paste straight from the guitar companies web site, i hate that

Yea man that **** is so damn annoying. Also a good tip if you can is have sound samples in a third party place. Or willing to send music or video samples. Thatd be rad.
anyone knows how to figure out the shipping price?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by bxcarracer
Yea man that **** is so damn annoying. Also a good tip if you can is have sound samples in a third party place. Or willing to send music or video samples. Thatd be rad.

That probably wouldn't be a great idea actually. The buyer will probably try and get a refund or something because the guitar they buy from you doesn't sound as good through their amp. After all, most of the tone comes from the amp.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by MEGADETH1122
i sold my rake the other day and ordered a new one im so happy =D

I fully sold you that!
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Thanks guys, I updated my post with more commandments inspired from your replies
Show pics of ALL parts of the guitar-

front
back
headstock
fretboard
insides

It pissed me off when I ordered a guitar that had a string indent on the fretboard

-Tell of any mods/differences from the stock model
Pickups
Strings (type and gauge)
Knobs
Pots

-Tell the basics of the guitar
Make/Model
Any modifications (See above)
Fretboard size
etc...

-Put in a good word!
When I picked up my guitar, it had some insane harmonic abilities that I had never done on another guitar of the same type.

-Be sure to leave feedback
People don't like not getting feedback, so be sure to leave some

Them are just some basics...