Line 6 and Bogner collaboration. Low priced Tube Amp. Whose played one? I'm thinking about tyring the 112 combo.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
first of all, its a hybrid amp. and secondly, for the price, you can buy an all tube amp.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
funny how no one suggests search bar if it's an amp they like
Out of the reviews i've seen so far it's adecent amp, but very overpriced, if you require that amount of versatility then look into a flextone or a used vetta, if you dont need that much versatility, a tube amp more suited to your tastes would be better.

what do you play?
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I don't get it, people say its not a tube amp yet isnt it similar to using a preamp on a tube amp?

I have a fextone already and I don't like the heavy distortion sound. Thats what I use the most.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Last edited by schecter30 at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by minibrowny
Search bar.

Just once to reiterate, Search Bar.

Lets have another search bar. Hell, there is a thread about this on page 2 or 3 for that matter. C'mon noobs
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
funny how no one suggests search bar if it's an amp they like

With this amp most people agree it's a waste of money...the forum has more or less collectively arrived at that decision and you're not going to see many people say other wise.

Contrarily, when someone asks advice for comparisons between a few decent amps the advice they could receive will probably help them arrive at a better choice.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
likewise, suggesting other amps rather than saying searchbar could also help. Seeing as being told only that the spidervalve is crap doesn't really help either
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
likewise, suggesting other amps rather than saying searchbar could also help. Seeing as being told only that the spidervalve is crap doesn't really help either

I'm saying search bar because if he searched he would see I've posted my view on it about 6 times at last count
Quote by Doodleface
first of all, its a hybrid amp. and secondly, for the price, you can buy an all tube amp.

Second of all you don't know what you are talking about.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
its an all tube power section,
preamp has 2 tubes
so I would say semi-hybrid
I played it yesterday, I liked the cleans, but wasn't really digging the dirty tones. Especially the bank, half of the settings were just different scooped metal tones.
But it did have a Meshuggah setting
lol
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
This was on the line 6 site.....

So the preamp and power amp tubes make for a complete tube amp as opposed to a “hybrid” amp that would use solid state for most of the amplification?

Exactly. This isn’t a hybrid that just uses a little 12AX7 preamp tube on the front end, or as part of a solid state power amp. It’s a full on tube amp – which gives you the complete tube amp experience, from the rich harmonics, to the feel and responsiveness of the power tubes.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Does that mean its basically like using a pod through a tube amp? Line 6 says this is all tube rather than a hybrid.

This was on the line 6 site.....

So the preamp and power amp tubes make for a complete tube amp as opposed to a “hybrid” amp that would use solid state for most of the amplification?

Exactly. This isn’t a hybrid that just uses a little 12AX7 preamp tube on the front end, or as part of a solid state power amp. It’s a full on tube amp – which gives you the complete tube amp experience, from the rich harmonics, to the feel and responsiveness of the power tubes.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Vibro Champ XD
I would say its not quite using a Pod with a tube amp, but its similar. More like using a Pod 20 or refined Behringer VAMP2 through a tube amp. Which on that I note I find ironic people diss the spider and says it sucks, yet tons of them run their pods/vamps/RP series through tube amps, and rave about it.
I tried it yesterday, and well... it passed the exam. It's an all tube amp, and 40W, so it's really loud. I couldn't crank it a lot, but the bit I could, didn't sound bad. The rest of the amp (modelling, effects...) are the same as on the Spider III, so no surprises here. What is true is that it still sounds a bit digital. Overall, I have to say it's an improvement from the standard Spider, and it's a correct amp, but it's still not that good or worth the money.

PS: No, it's not like using a POD with a tube amp. The POD + tube sounds better.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Its just a louder spider II...it sucks IMO. Way for Line 6 to **** up a good idea.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
There's so many threads on this

Put it this way: If it was 30-50% cheaper, and you could bypass the digital preamp, I'd buy one or at least take it seriously. The price it is though, is just silly IMO.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by schecter30
Line 6 and Bogner collaboration. Low priced Tube Amp. Whose played one? I'm thinking about tyring the 112 combo.

no, the epiphone valve junior is a low priced tube amp. the spider valve on the other hand, is basically a medium priced tube amp, with a cheap digital modeller hard-wired into the FX loop. and thats what it sounds like too. you'd be better off just getting an ordinary tube amp.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.