Alrighty, so in a few months im gonna have about 2 grand in my pocket and im spending about 900 on a new amp (Orange Tiny Terror) and so, im lookin for a nice Ibanez within the $1100 range. Id kinda like an RG Prestige, hopefully 24 frets. HH pickups, Trem, and Not a bolt-on neck. Please stick to Ibanez, i dont really want to get into any other brands.

Btw, im in Canada so keep in mind its Canadian currency.
tiny terrors go for like 560 at the shop by my house
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
why so adamant about the ibanez? not that they are bad, but if you have no reason other than 'x' guitarist uses them or something then i'll hit you
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by LPstudioWRz28

maybe he's factoring in the cab as well?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
uhh, im going by the Over-priced local music stores price for a TT, but i can get it for cheaper so i guess give or take 200 for the guitar Budget. and no im not just goin for Ibanez because one of my favourite guitarists palys them, i just like the feel of it and the company has a good reputation. no need to hit yet Storm Bringer
Quote by LPstudioWRz28

he probably has to buy a cab too
Quote by Tubyboulin
uhh, im going by the Over-priced local music stores price for a TT, but i can get it for cheaper so i guess give or take 200 for the guitar Budget. and no im not just goin for Ibanez because one of my favourite guitarists palys them, i just like the feel of it and the company has a good reputation. no need to hit yet Storm Bringer

so how many different brands of guitar have you played then?
every key
every secret

Ibanez RGT220A
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by staticoverdub
so how many different brands of guitar have you played then?

Gibson, Jackson, Esp, Fender, Epiphone, Samach, Ibanez of course, and i think i played a PRS somewhere. But this is meant to be a straight up metal guitar, i have a Gibson SG for Earlier stuff from the 70's, and Blues. This is supposed to be 80's Hair Metal and Thrash.
Quote by PerpetualBurn
Ibanez RGT220A

On ZzSounds it says that guitar is at a list price of 2000 Dollars

I only have $1100 to spend, the rest is going to the amp. although that is a pretty sweet guitar... And if all prestige models are this pricey, it doesnt have to be a prestige. or an RG. just wanted one, but the S Series is ok too, not a fan of the bolt on necks tho.
Quote by staticoverdub
maybe he's factoring in the cab as well?

good point lol

those tiny terrors ****ing rock... 15 watts of class A all tube power... sucker gets loud for 15 watts
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
I would look at Schecter if i were you, Mahogany body will suit you better than basswood on the RGs, not that it is in anyway bad. With Ibanez prestige you cant really go wong, they all have similar specs and are all good quality. I prefer the S series myself or the SZ if you dont need a FR type trem, higher end ESP LTD are within reach. If you are set on ibanez go with ibanez, in that price bracket you wont stray far from good quality, always best to hand pick though, but ibbys QC is good
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
lol come to the states and cash in that canadian currency and youll have a little more to spend

god the USD is a joke
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
I would look at Schecter if i were you, Mahogany body will suit you better than basswood on the RGs, not that it is in anyway bad. With Ibanez prestige you cant really go wong, they all have similar specs and are all good quality. I prefer the S series myself or the SZ if you dont need a FR type trem, higher end ESP LTD are within reach. If you are set on ibanez go with ibanez, in that price bracket you wont stray far from good quality, always best to hand pick though, but ibbys QC is good

Yeah im deffinatly handpicking it, i was just going on ZzSounds for a ballpark estimate of the price. I dont think i can get a scheter locally tho, not sure (thats one of the reasons i wanted to go for ibanez, its stocked locally) but ill look when i go and try out some guitars. and yeah, The USD is goin downhill fast haha, my mom goes to the states all the Time (we live near Ottawa) so i could actually do that
Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
Buy an 80s guitar if that's what sound you want. Ebay is your friend. Search for a Peavey Nitro/Vandenberg/Pacer or a Charvel of some kind and you'll get results that you'll be seriously happy with.

i agree. if you want to play 80's music, buy a guitar from the period. you can save a lot of money that way too.
every key
every secret

Quote by staticoverdub
i agree. if you want to play 80's music, buy a guitar from the period. you can save a lot of money that way too.

most 80's bands ive seen use Ibanez though, didnt they? if i remember correctly Ibanez exloded during that time period because they were cheaper than Bigger name companies.