I just saw them last night, and I noticed that Pete has a HS Warwick. Humbucker in the bridge position, Single Coil in the neck spot. Does Warwick sell models like this, or did he do the modification himself...? Also, it's of a comical note that Pete had a facial expression of diarrhea for the whole show

Yeah...this is pretty much a Streetlight discussion thread in disguise.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Confused4930
I just saw them last night, and I noticed that Pete has a HS Warwick. Humbucker in the bridge position, Single Coil in the neck spot. Does Warwick sell models like this, or did he do the modification himself...? Also, it's of a comical note that Pete had a facial expression of diarrhea for the whole show

Yeah...this is pretty much a Streetlight discussion thread in disguise.

To get back on topic...

Yes. The Corvette and Streamer series basses have "Jazzman" models that have an angled single coil at the neck position, and a humbucker in the bridge.
Quote by Charlatan_001
To get back on topic...

Yes. The Corvette and Streamer series basses have "Jazzman" models that have an angled single coil at the neck position, and a humbucker in the bridge.

The FNA or Streamer Jazzman.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I saw them live (and they were ****ing amazing), but I don't know which bassist it was at the time. I think it might have been a Warwick, but I know it was definitely fretted and it was a 5-string.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
saw them live, and personally found them completely bland and generic. but that's just my taste in music I guess.

this isn't even the first thread on this, but its the first thread in a long long while so I allow it. lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by Hergiswi
I saw them live (and they were ****ing amazing), but I don't know which bassist it was at the time. I think it might have been a Warwick, but I know it was definitely fretted and it was a 5-string.

They've had Pete for awhile now. He had the 5 string Warwick (Jazzman apparently), and he even started rocking the upright

Either way, I definitely have some new inspiration for learning walking basslines
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Yeah, I think there's something unique about his basslines. I can't tell what it is, but they seem to be more energetic and manic than most other bands.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
I saw them live last August and it was the best live show I've been to yet. Their performance was amazing, the crowd was amazing and they ended with Here's to Life. The new album is also amazing so I can't wait for them to come back so I can go see them again.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by gravytrain34
hey Confused4930 did you see them at Starland cuz I was there

Oh snap yo...yes I was there

Amazing show, but the lack of Moment of Silence was disturbing
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Interesting - someone recommended me that band at a party just last night. Funny timing.

Anyway, if there's a slanted J-pickup at the neck and an exposed-pole humbucker at the bridge, it's an Jazzman. They come in Streamer or FNA/Corvette flavours. The Corvette Taranis also has that layout.

Also, the Vampyre has that layout, but you'd know it's a Vampyre!

However, the Warwick custom shop makes all sorts of crazy basses, so don't rule that one out.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Woah, I was at Starland too. That upright thing was sweet! I totally didn't see a BOTAR section coming. It was amazingggg. That guy is one of my favorite bassists everrr.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I must admit though, I got so much more into Westbound Train than I did Streetlight. Westbound Train is pretty much the definition of "groove".
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead