We do at my school, and I thought you shouldn't. I am also looking into buying a starter bass amp, nothing amazing.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Don't overdo the volume and it won't hurt it. I had a Bass dude I used to jam with that only ever had a couple regular guitar amps (10" & 12" speaker combos) - it's all he ever used and they worked fine - I wouldn't recommend turning it to 10 on some little fart 6 or 8 inch speaker maybe.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by ibanezluvr
It will ruin your speaker.

Will it really damage the speaker? Or will it just sound bad?
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
no, you will blow the speaker because it's not designed to take the low frequencies on a bass.
Use the search function next time
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It'll only damage the speaker if you use it like continueisly

not if like once a week
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I don't know, people always say you can damage the speaker.

However, my buddy plays bass on his all the time, even at jams, and it sounds the same as when I first played it.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
it reall really really can ruin ur speaker.

it absolutely depends on the combo, and the volume.

should you do it? well that's up to you and ur experience with that amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011