I'm gonna be buying the Line 6 PODX3 the tuesday before thanksgiving but i've been wondering if anyone has any experience with the pod series. I love the way it looks, its features, and just about everything but i'm kinda wary about how it functions. I've never used them and they have very few buttons compared to the digitech gnx and boss gt series so i wonder if that's a problem or a good thing.

Anyone who's used them mind telling me about that?

EDIT: I'll be using this with a fender mim tele, a digitech whammy, boss fv500 volume/expression pedal (i think that's the model), into a b-52 at112 amp. The other effects i'm buying probably in december and the amp around january.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Nov 10, 2007,
its ****...stay away...stick with boss
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by NOtrab

mind saying why?

My friend has the gt-8 and to me it sounds really digital but with decent sound.

I've never used a POD.

What I have bought, though, is a Boss ME50. Its a beast.
Now and Zen.
Quote by NOtrab

God I hate when people do this

'Its line 6, so it crap!?!??111oneone!1'

Care to elaborate?
I own one...had it for a month...LOVE IT. crazy amount of features...most of the editing is done with 2-3 knobs and the big bright lcd screen. The sounds are DEFINITLEY better than anything BOSS had right now. The dual amps option is also pretty sick. Make sure you play it thoroughly in the store though...I've heard people getting them with some hardware malfunctions. If you get it it make sure to get it patched with l6 monkey
Quote by thedavidproject
I own one...had it for a month...LOVE IT. crazy amount of features...most of the editing is done with 2-3 knobs and the big bright lcd screen. The sounds are DEFINITLEY better than anything BOSS had right now. The dual amps option is also pretty sick. Make sure you play it thoroughly in the store though...I've heard people getting them with some hardware malfunctions. If you do get it make sure to get it patched with l6 monkey

l6 monkey? what's that?

it's the auto updating program that line6 provides to patch their products....It's free from line6.com. They'll have updates to make models sound better or to fix software issues.
Ok... yeah i'll be getting that too. It's free with the product registration if i'm not mistaken right?