Page 1 of 2
Hey,

So, you can figure it out. What guitar do you prefer in a live setting? You can include your genre and hey, even a live picture! (GASP!)

Just seeing what other guitarists use out there.
My Gibson SG standard. It always sounds nice, and never causes many problems, aside from my toggle switch seeming a little bit loose.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Child In Time
Your grammar is flawed.
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I always use my Jackson Soloist when I'm playing live.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
My only guitar is the only one I'll trust on stage, my Jackson DK-2L.

PIC:

Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I wouldn't really know, but I would guess something light and versatile. Like a strat or an ibanez.
Quote by J6strings21fret
Sorry, thought this was a guitar forum. I didn't realize I was in school.

Your existence is flawed.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

my duluxe strat. only problem is that it has active electronics and I am worried about the battery dying on me because if it goes no sound comes out.
Quote by Doodleface

PIC:

Is it just me, or do left handed guitarists just look cooler?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Child In Time
You'er existence is flawed.

Your quote is now flawed.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
But seriously, in school you were taught that it is correct to use 'with' with the verb 'to trust'?

Quote by J6strings21fret
Sorry, thought this was a guitar forum. I didn't realize I was in school.

Sorry, I didn't think that you had some vestige of intelligence roaming amok in your cavernous shell of a skull. This is life. Use correct grammer, infidel.

my JS-1000. Has yet to fail me.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by Child In Time
But seriously, in school you were taught that it is correct to use 'with' with the verb 'to trust'?

Standard Florida curriculum
Quote by Jack Off Jill

no, it's just because he's got it strung up so high, look at hendrix nobody was cooler than that dude. A black, right handed guitar player was the coolest rock player ever, that's kind of funny.
I've got two guitars I use live...

One is a cheap les paul copy with some better pickups and a re-wiring to include a kill switch (I'm not too sure on the details, as my friend and his dad did it last year)/ Unfortunetly, the input jack is a bit flawed, so it either works really well for the entire time it's plugged in, or it doesn't work at all =/ Don't have the money to put it in to get re-wired though.

The second is a customised guitar made from a bunch of guitar scraps from, again, my friends dad. He works in a guitar shop and anything that gets thrown out, he gets to keep. After he gets them, he decides which parts are still useable and makes a guitar from it. The one I got for nothing has a Fender Strat neck, a Fender Tele body (Again hooked with a killswitch) with a hole cut out in a nice shape (rather pointless, as it's nowhere near the strings, so it can't be doubled as an acoustic guitar, but it DOES look real nice) and painting black with some lumonous greens through it. It looks REALLY epic, but doesn't play THAT well. It's just for rthyhm mainly

Me and my band play a combonation of Goth, New Wave and Electronica =]
Quote by farcry
no, it's just because he's got it strung up so high, look at hendrix nobody was cooler than that dude. A black, right handed guitar player was the coolest rock player ever, that's kind of funny.

What chance does a half Mexican, right handed guitar player, that wears his guitar at about his belly button have?
Quote by vintage x metal

My American Stratocaster. Blackie as i call it.
Live pic:

ignore the bassist in the background haha
strat player forever.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Cool pic no doubt. It's just good photography lol, and it's normal to see right-handed people and the angle is just right I guess.

I trust my Tele. Never played live though.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
What chance does a half Mexican, right handed guitar player, that wears his guitar at about his belly button have?

depends if he plays good music. Just look at Townshend, he wasn't exactly a looker. One thing though that goes for every musician, no dirty moustaches, doesn't matter if you're god on the fretboard, a dirty moustache nullifies it 100%
Quote by farcry
depends if he plays good music. Just look at Townshend, he wasn't exactly a looker. One thing though that goes for every musician, no dirty moustaches, doesn't matter if you're god on the fretboard, a dirty moustache nullifies it 100%

Everyone knows that's canceled out if you have an awesome nose, though. Townshend sometimes sported a dirty moustache. And Frank Zappa always did, but they had decent noses.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Everyone knows that's canceled out if you have an awesome nose, though. Townshend sometimes sported a dirty moustache. And Frank Zappa always did, but they had decent noses.

I mean dirty like this dude:

zappa's moustache was epic

Quote by farcry
Hendrix was a Lefty

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Probably my heavily customized Squier Stagemaster 7-string...it's a totally one-of-a-kind guitar now. I'd like to get an Ibanez RG7321, though, so I can retire my Squier, since I've had it for 5 or 6 years, and I don't wanna break it or something.
Attachments:
14.JPG
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
I've never really been sure, playing lefty=left fret hand or left pick hand?? My friends have said it differently so I've never been sure.
Quote by RageAgainst...
Hendrix was a Lefty

Psh, whatev n00b, that's totally photoshopped.

Just like Tony Iommi and Omar from TMV. Photoshopped.
Quote by vintage x metal

that's his guitar from keith richards that he strung backwards so he could play it.
i trust any guitar that can be played, just give me a noise supresor. what i dont trust is my amp.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by Jack Off Jill

He's just lucky his left side is his best side Awesome pic Doodleface

I don't play live but I'd trust my S470 no doubt, it all seems pretty solid, strap buttons stood up well to my "testing"
Quote by farcry
that's his guitar from keith richards that he strung backwards so he could play it.

Didn't it come from Pete Townshend? Supposedly he stole one of Townshend's guitars or something.

Anyway, I want his black strat.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Child In Time

It's one thing to politely say to someone "Yeah I use this guitar [blah blah blah]. And you messed up the title a bit mate."

Not "Your grammar is flawed."

Followed by...

"Your existence is flawed."

You wanna act like a 4th grader and be a tad rude? Ill treat you like one.
Please realize this is a guitar forum and not a grammar and vocabulary class.
Everyone knows that all pictures of left-handed guitarists are just reversed in Photoshop.

Edit: I was just pointing out the grammar. It's you that took it thick.

Quote by Doodleface

PIC:

is it just me or is that axe really scratched/dirty?

edit:

I'm on the right, only pic i have of me about to perform. You can't see my guitar but irs a Dean 79 MLF

Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Last edited by g1asseye at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by Jack Off Jill

no, but he looks like mustaine IMO

GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Didn't it come from Pete Townshend? Supposedly he stole one of Townshend's guitars or something.

Anyway, I want his black strat.

I think keith richards girlfriend gave it to hendrix, I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that one.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

hahaha "THATS PUNK"

the other day in music we were doing some cmoposition and a friend of mine who plays bass is into into mainly punk and hardcore was playing all these dead notes on a classical guitar and my best mate goes "now THATS punk!" and we just broke up laughing, being the badass metalheads that we are
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.