So I went to guitar center today after seeing that the price of Ibanez S520EXes was lowered to 400 which is outrageous since they have a ZR trem and look nice. But I've never gotten to play one so I wanted to try one out since I want a new guitar.

Well I got there and of course they sold the only two they had already.

Ok so I tried lots of other stuff on my list. I didn't like the shecter c1 neck; I don't know why.

I liked the Dinky I tried out but it just didn't compare to the ibanez.

I tried out anRG5EX1 and I loved the neck and high fret access. I didn't find anything wrong with it at all it felt so good. But of course it has an edge 3 trem :[

So I tried out this RG4EXQM1 which looked nicer and felt very similar. But it has a licensed floyd haha.

So my question; should I just buy a s520EX online without trying it; knowing that I like the feel of ibanez guitars.

Or how does the Edge 3 compare to a licensed floyd; are they both about equally crappy? Can I change out the edge for an original floyd without body work being done?

I tried out pretty much everything in my price range at GC but they did not have any LTD guitars. Should I go to a LTD dealer and try some of their midrange guitars?

Thanks!

EDIT: LONG STORY SHORT

should I get one of the aforementioned guitars that is in stock (but has either an edge 3 or license floyd) and that feels good. Should I hope that an S520EX gets shipped to my guitar center, should I try out some ESPs even though I really liked ibanez' or should I just buy an S520EX online and if I don't like it return it.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Last edited by UrzasJ00rMom at Nov 10, 2007,
S is kind of different to RG. Try it out anyway.

Also, that LFR looks like an edge III to me.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
S is kind of different to RG. Try it out anyway.

Also, that LFR looks like an edge III to me.

Well yes but it still has a wizard 2 neck which I really liked on the other Ibanez I tried.

Not sure how different the body feels though.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by Justin Credible
make sure you don't need 24 frets before you get an S series.

I don't lol. The guitar I have now is 22.

Although the 24 fret guitars I played on made me laugh. Cause the action was so close I could do sweeps all the way up there which is all but impossible on my guitar.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
try ltds too. they are good, but maybe you'll prefer ibanez.

the reason why i dont like ibanezs are 2:
1.- if you buy an ibanez under 700 new, you must count at least 150 extra for the pup change. (unless you go for gfs, duncan designed or other stuff like that)
2.- you cant get a decent f*cking sustain from that piece of wood
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
try ltds too. they are good, but maybe you'll prefer ibanez.

the reason why i dont like ibanezs are 2:
1.- if you buy an ibanez under 700 new, you must count at least 150 extra for the pup change. (unless you go for gfs, duncan designed or other stuff like that)
2.- you cant get a decent f*cking sustain from that piece of wood

I was planning upgrading pickups later already but I hadn't read much on the sustain problems.

is it like that on all ibanez guitars? or just basswood models? I know the S series is mahogany.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Ruel of thumb: ALWAYS play a guitar before you buy it.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
i love my s520...the neck is great,and i adore the zr trem.it was a good buy,i had been lookin for one,then hit up samash one day and found it for 500,which was 100 cheaper than what it shoulda been,so i played it,loved it,bought it...it was a good decision...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Ok bump daggone I want an answer: should I get one of the aforementioned guitars that is in stock (but has either an edge 3 or license floyd) and that feels good. Should I hope that an S520EX gets shipped to my guitar center, should I try out some ESPs even though I really liked ibanez' or should I just buy an S520EX online and if I don't like it return it.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by CJRocker
Try some Jacksons too, like the DXMG.

I tried out a couple jacksons. I liked them but not as much as the ibanez.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
I tried out a couple jacksons. I liked them but not as much as the ibanez.

Thats cool. I just always like to plug Jacksons as I feel they make really high quality guitars for the buck, and are criminally underated and under the radar.
Quote by CJRocker
Thats cool. I just always like to plug Jacksons as I feel they make really high quality guitars for the buck, and are criminally underated and under the radar.

lol nah they were pretty good haha i just liked the ibanez better. Although I do like the fact that the jacksons have EMGs. If the ones in my price range didn't have licensed floyds i might give them a second look lol.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
the couple jacksons i have played were nice,but i didnt use the floyds,they had no arm,but i hear some jackson trems are good,but i mostly read that they are a hit or miss.
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by punkMETALskater
the couple jacksons i have played were nice,but i didnt use the floyds,they had no arm,but i hear some jackson trems are good,but i mostly read that they are a hit or miss.

I gave an in depth run down in my blog awhile ago, check it for information on Jackson and a few other trem units.