Is it just me or does someone need to make a website that's like a library or something of every single guitar known to man, that allows you to search for results on guitars based on specs and gives you history on the guitar. I know that they have sites like musiciansfriend.com and stuff but you can only search by brand.
Google doesn't give you specific enough results. It just gives you different sites of different brands and you have to search through there. It's a very unorganized guitar search method. Many people ask for guitars with spoecific parts and Google returns nothing. I just think it could save people hours of useless searching.
Musician has pretty much all of the well known electric guitar brands. Instead of looking up a guitar in a dictionary of a bajillion guitars, why not listen to a more varied assortment of music, and listen for a guitar sound that you like, and then look up that guitarists guitars.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
Quote by AndyMcDandy
Musician has pretty much all of the well known electric guitar brands. Instead of looking up a guitar in a dictionary of a bajillion guitars, why not listen to a more varied assortment of music, and listen for a guitar sound that you like, and then look up that guitarists guitars.

well, the amp is more of the Tone than the guitar. I think that this is actually a pretty convenient Idea. Id use it for sure.
Yeah, I was just trying to gear my answer more towards guitars than towards amps. A good amp can make a world of difference in ANYBODYS sound. It all depends on the person's opinion. If YOU think it sounds good, then it's right for you.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
here?

search for the specs you want using the 'all of the words' advanced search.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Slayer00
Is it just me or does someone need to make a website that's like a library or something of every single guitar known to man, that allows you to search for results on guitars based on specs and gives you history on the guitar. I know that they have sites like musiciansfriend.com and stuff but you can only search by brand.

That is an awesome idea.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
I'd do it if I could make a web site but i am not to skilled in that department
"Shut up, your making me un-concentrait."
That sounds like a lot of work to me, which is probably why it doesn't exist at the moment, way too much data entry for people to be bothered. I find my own site taking up hours of my time and I only post about 1 guitar a day, not including searchable specifications. I think stick to the big shop sites mentioned above, I for one will never have the time to undertake this kind of project.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
here?

search for the specs you want using the 'all of the words' advanced search.

Doesn't have pictures. Looks may not be everything but it's still nice to see what you're reading about before you get all excited because its got a great review and then, "Oh crap, that's the ugliest guitar i've ever seen. I just wasted ten minutes of my life reading reviews about that crap!" Its happened to me before.

Edit: Yeah it might be alot of work, but you could just copy and paste specs for guitars from other sites on most.
Last edited by Slayer00 at Nov 10, 2007,