I picked up a new guitar from my cousin today for free. It was free because the wiring is all pulled out, and neither of us was sure how to fix it. But that's beside the point. I have no idea what this guitar is. It's shaped like a standard fender strat, but it has a handle carved above the pickgaurd. It's like a black/red sunburst color. Also the headstock is a little different. It's bumpy on the one side instead of smooth. It says stedman on the headstock. I don't know what this guitar is, does anyone think they do?

And also, I can't post pictures. My camera was stolen. And if anyone can tell me how to fix the wiring problem (I'm a noob when it comes to it) please let me know.
Handle above the pickguard....

The JEM guitar is the only one that comes to mind for me... cause of the handle.

I've never heard of a stedman before, thats weird, must be some ****ty custom. No wonder he gave it to you for free, with the bumps on the side of the headstock... unknown brand, wiring everywhere. No offense to your cousin, but you'd be better off with something else.

EDIT: For the wiring, I can't really help you out without provided specifics, where's the wiring coming from?
Gear:
- G&L Tribute Series Legacy Guitar
- Behringer V-tone GM108 15-watt amp
Last edited by ScruffMcGruff at Nov 10, 2007,
The handle is right on that. But my guitar has 3 single coild pickups. And two tone controls + a master volume control. So thats close but not it.