So since christmas is coming up and all I will be gettin alot of monyey and am looking for a new amp. I currently have a Marshall MG10 and need an upgrade. I like to play any thing form blues to some metal like metallica and Black Sabbath. I have my eye set on the Roalnd 20X cube or the Vox Valvetronix AD15VT.

Also looking for a distortion/overdrive pedal and was thinking of the Boss DS-1 or the Boss OS-2, so whihc one would be better.

One last question and it might seem noobish but what is the difference between overdrive and distortion?

Also gettin a Schechter C-1 Classic soon if that helps at all.
Last edited by TheNextJimi at Nov 10, 2007,
overdrive is more of a bluesy sound, it doesnt get as "gainy" and heavy as distortion does but it has nice tones.

the boss ds-1 is a great beginners pedal, i havent heard much about the os2 though. how much money will you be gettnig though because it might change your decision
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Dude go on ebay and search for a peavey valveking....
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
hybrid and digital amps dont go very well with pedals...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
The money I get will be anywhere from 300-400 and i currently have 50 dollars pocket money. And backbone I have no idea what your talking bout wiht hybrid and digital amps.

Or would I even need a distortion/overdrive pedal if I got either of those amps?
Quote by backtothe70s
hybrid and digital amps dont go very well with pedals...

+1, I'd say get the Vox, it will do your metal sounds as well as the lighter bluesish stuff. If you want to use pedals, I'd suggest getting a epiphone valve junior or something as distortion pedals don't really mix well with those amps, well the Vox at least. Though I really don't think you'll need a pedal, they sound good by themselves.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i would get either of those amps, if you have 450 you can get a nice used cheap tube combo
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by TheNextJimi
The money I get will be anywhere from 300-400 and i currently have 50 dollars pocket money. And backbone I have no idea what your talking bout wiht hybrid and digital amps.

Or would I even need a distortion/overdrive pedal if I got either of those amps?

hybrids and digital amps are like Line6 Spider(very digital) and Vox VT is a hybrid, it's digital but got valves... as far as I know....

if you sit at home you dont need more than a simple amp really but If your are doing gigs and stuff something more is a must have
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Thats just how much money I am going to get. Don't want to spend it all maybe anywhere from 200-250