I will be buying a new guitar soon and at present have my heart set on a Fender Jaguar 62 Reissue.

At the moment I play for my own pleasure but I'm thinking about getting back into the band scene again (just cover bands for fun)

I already own a Gibson Les Paul Studio, I play a mix of lead and Rhythm and most of the stuff i play could be catagorised as Indie/Alternative Rock. Heaviest stuff I play is Pearl Jam/Nirvana

WIll have up to £1000 to play with so around $2000. I am considering importing a guitar in from USA because it can be cheaper.

Just want a few opinions or any other suggestions for possible guitars if i dont go for a Jag.
O.k. so that didn't illicit any responses try another approach:

Avenged Sevenfold are the biggest pile of ****e I have ever heard, Carl Barat and Pete Docherty have more talent in their big toenails than this bunch of haircuts with very dubious facial hair!
Quote by Rob1968
Will have up to £1000 to play with so around $2000. I am considering importing a guitar in from USA because it can be cheaper.

Just a note, you'll get hit by a **** load of tax. VAT and Customs... etc. etc. With tax, it might make the guitar even more expensive importing from USA than buying it from here.

Perhaps look for a custom model or something? What amp do you have? Ever thought about upgrading your amp (if it isn't too great)?
Ok so at the moment I use a Peavey Bandit, which even if it is a little old serves its purpose. as regards to importing this may be of interest to other guys in UK the breakdown of cost i have calculated:

UK Fender Jaguar RRP £1500

Available from various stores for around £1100

In USA actual guitar available for $1300 which is £660

VAT 17.5% = £116

Custom duty on guitars 3.7% = £24

shipping taking weight as 15lb = £40-£60

This approximates out to around £800ish still a big saving.

As regards the amp if i do take my playing out of the house into a band situation may well think of amp then.