Does anyone know good settings to make a Spider II (STFU I know it sucks) sound like Lamb of God (specifically Laid to Rest)?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Lamb of god settings on a spider II: Use the spider II as a brick to steal a Mesa Boogie Mark IV from a store, then use the boogie.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
But... Maybe typical metal settings, scooped mids, cranked gain/treble, medium bass?
I don't listen to much LoG, but in alot of metal, thats how it's like.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Oh trust me I'd like to use it as a brick. Even if its just to throw that brick off of a cliff.

But I'm stuck with this as I have no job and no income whatsoever.

LoG has a little more tone than most metal bands, but I guess "tone" isn't something I need to think about on a Spider >.<

I'm asking because Laid to Rest is what my band is covering for Battle of the Bands (yes, I have to actually GIG with this thing). We might have better amps by then since it's not until May, but the demo is due at the end of this semester which is pretty soon.
Well there IS a ultimate settings thread sticked somewhere in one of the boards (it may be gear & accessories, or electric guitar, not sure).
They're bound to have adlers settings on there.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
From what I can tell of LoG's tone, it's a lot of mids and treble, with lower bass. It's actually a fairly thin tone, but still super heavy.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
It's actually a fairly thin tone, but still super heavy.

I have to say otherwise though, the notes they play has that nasally sound to it, which I'd say is pretty thick sounding. But I do agree their higher notes tend to be thin sounding. On their new album, their leads are much thicker though.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
The nasally sound comes from the high mids and low bass, though, and that's pretty much the formula for a thin tone. Their tone has never seemed particularly thick to me.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
They both run 2 mark IVs at once, one super scooped, the other super mid boosted. The mids add definition while the scoop adds balls.

To get their basic tone, I'd use the metal setting with the mids up quite a ways, treble up slightly higher, and low at about half of the treble.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by darkarbiter7
Lamb of god settings on a spider II: Use the spider II as a brick to steal a Mesa Boogie Mark IV from a store, then use the boogie.

+10!
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by mafropetee
Does anyone know good settings to make a Spider II (STFU I know it sucks) sound like Lamb of God (specifically Laid to Rest)?

Ok

Treble:10
Mid:6
Bass:Sellitandsaveforabetteramp
Thanks for the help. I think I've got it as close as I can.

And once again I wish I could sell it or... burn it. But then I have no amp for band practice. And I have no income whatsoever so I can't save for a new one for a while. Whats worse is my rhythm guitarist has a Spider III, which IMO sounds even worse than a Spider II, and he refuses to accept that it's a crap amp. >.<