cool very cool
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar
Quote by green room
how do you practice mentally as said in the thing?

think about how the music is played

this was a really cool aricle and perfect timing too lol
i have alot of stuff to practice for my new band
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Yeah, this article should be standard for everyone who plays an instrument. I think it helps to practice once in the morning and once later in the day after your brain has had some rest from the first session. It helps me at least. Also, I usually pick about 3 or 4 different things I need to work on in a practice session, then I do one thing for 15, then another for 15, and eventually come back around, at the end of the session I'll have worked on everything twice, (about a 2 hour practice session) then i will pick different things to work on when I practice later in the day. BTW this is ideal practice conditions. Normally, I only have about half an hour a day to practice, if that. Hope this helps anyone who cares to read this.
I'm hungry.
good, but i still dont understand what it means when it says 'practise mentally'
i need to get a better signature.
get your brain used to that practice.

too bad for me i have school in the morning, so there's no way i can practice twice a day
good, but i still dont understand what it means when it says 'practise mentally'

I guess it would be to figure out exactly what you have to do in your head.
^ actually i practice mentally all the time. you simply think about how your hands would move without actually moving them. your brain can create pathways by simply thinking about moving your index finger a certain way. great read btw, i've done this stuff before but never new that it was working (i practice physically more than mentally, maybe i'll start mentally practicing my sweeping!)
Quote by MATTTHEMOP

I often bring a guitar magazine on the bus/train, and read the tabs, "playing" them in my head. Guess that can be classified as mental practice, and it does help.
Quote by z4twenny
^ actually i practice mentally all the time. you simply think about how your hands would move without actually moving them. your brain can create pathways by simply thinking about moving your index finger a certain way. great read btw, i've done this stuff before but never new that it was working (i practice physically more than mentally, maybe i'll start mentally practicing my sweeping!)

me too ! back when i first started i would stay up all night playing a song that i was learning in my head while i was in bed trying to sleep.
Yeah I liked the article to. It's so true!
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler