im so sick of all these bands like fall out boy and (new) green day being called punk. Out of all of these crapy bands here are my 10 least favorite:
fall out boy
my chemical romance
good charlote
green day
simple plan
sum 41
dashboard confessional
panic at the disco
matchbook romance
new found glory

im not saying that people who listen to these bands opinion's are wrong (although these bands do suck a lot) im just saying to stop calling it punk.
I find this thread highly enjoyable.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
haha

Wow, this is going to get closed in two seconds.

I'll just report it now.

:reported:
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
This thread is true.

A similar one should be made for metal and include bands like Dragonforce and Avenged Sevenfold.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Hmmm... well I find that just about all punk pisses me off... If they don't like the government move to canada.
30 seconds to mars and my chemical romance.their music is ok,but dude.they have turned my hometown into a preppy children of the corn queer eye for the straight guy head quarters.no one ever listens to just rock anymore unless it is overly hyped.sucks.and yes,dude above me,i hate dragonforce.a7x is ok.
Quote by COBHC728
Hmmm... well I find that just about all punk pisses me off... If they don't like the government move to canada.

Shut up, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't like punk don't post in the punk forum.
Quote by musicislife666
im so sick of all these bands like fall out boy and (new) green day being called punk. Out of all of these crapy bands here are my 10 least favorite:
fall out boy
my chemical romance
good charlote
green day
simple plan
sum 41
dashboard confessional
panic at the disco
matchbook romance
new found glory

im not saying that people who listen to these bands opinion's are wrong (although these bands do suck a lot) im just saying to stop calling it punk.

Those are my favorite bands. Why are they not punk?
Quote by musicislife666
fall out boy
my chemical romance
good charlote
green day
simple plan
sum 41
dashboard confessional
panic at the disco
matchbook romance
new found glory

none of those bands are really punk. there all fukcing pop punk-shi-t
not in my book. anyone who goes that commercial that fast cant really be punk. With the exception of a few songs they have departed from the world of true punk
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen more ignorance in the punk forum then this thread. I'm really tempted to flame some of these people but I won't because I don't want to get banned or be mean.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Nov 10, 2007,
no those bands use catchy popy melodies and catchy popy vocals disguised with distortion so it seems like punk but it lacks the DIY attitude and it appeals to the masses
Quote by musicislife666
no those bands use catchy popy melodies and catchy popy vocals disguised with distortion so it seems like punk but it lacks the DIY attitude and it appeals to the masses

You listen to The Casualties and NOFX.

Need I say more?
how do the casualties appeal to the masses? besides i wasnt saying those bands sucked. That is a matter of opinion and whatever you like is cool. I was saying that they are not punk no matter how much people say they are
when in doubt just think,
What Would Jello Do
Quote by musicislife666
fall out boy
my chemical romance
good charlote
green day
simple plan
sum 41
dashboard confessional
panic at the disco
matchbook romance
new found glory

New Found Glory and Dashboard Confessional are practically gods compared to the other bands. I like those two, besides that I pretty much agree with you. There is such thing as good pop-punk though.
Quote by musicislife666
how do the casualties appeal to the masses? besides i wasnt saying those bands sucked. That is a matter of opinion and whatever you like is cool. I was saying that they are not punk no matter how much people say they are

About 90% of the popular music now consists of nothing but unintelligible screaming, so I'd say the Casualties are fitting in pretty well.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
even if that made sense they still dont fit into anything but hardcore so i dont see the argument. Whether or not they are good they are still not pop punk
when in doubt just think,
What Would Jello Do
Pop punk is probably the best sub-genre of punk.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by musicislife666
even if that made sense they still dont fit into anything but hardcore so i dont see the argument. Whether or not they are good they are still not pop punk

What's wrong with pop punk?
I don't think he knows what real pop punk is.
Teenage Bottlerocket baby, that's where it's all at.