So i just set my guitar down on its stand, and when the part that supports the neck hit the back of it, my guitars neck rattled. I then picked it up and tapped the back of the neck, and it rattles. Is this normal? Is there somthing wrong with my truss rod? Should i have it professionally set up?
Eh... if the neck is rattling, your truss rod could be broken.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by Dog454
Eh... if the neck is rattling, your truss rod could be broken.
Yeah. Your trust rod is broken dude. Take it to a guitar shop to have it diagnosed to find any other defects. (brings over $50) you never know... :stickpoke
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
its not like it rattles for a long time, probably like a tenth of a second, i dont know if im paranoid or what. i tested my neck relief ( fretting the first and 14th fret and measuring the action at the 6th fret) and it seems to be perfect.... so maybe its just me....
Quote by Wylde_Man
its not like it rattles for a long time, probably like a tenth of a second, i dont know if im paranoid or what. i tested my neck relief ( fretting the first and 14th fret and measuring the action at the 6th fret) and it seems to be perfect.... so maybe its just me....
Well I'm not sure but Your neck shouldn't be rattling. thats all I know. But if its only rattles for a bit its temporary I guess. Same thing happen to me with my strings. I thought my neck was warped but nothing happen. So i guess you shouldn't have to worry.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
I have checked the tuning machines, everything, and i also notice when i pull the guitar neck back towards me the neck makes a clicking noise in the same spot where it rattles.