Battle of the bands is in spring, but my band is starting to practice now. i'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but can someone explain the rules of battle of the bands to me? i think they differ from place to place, but can you give advice and explain rules a bit, maybe even songs to play. thank you
Don't play

-Stairway To Heaven
-Master Of Puppets
-Run To The Hills
-Iron Man
-Paranoid
-Smoke On The Water

That is all.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
Battles of the Bands are lame. My advice would be to not participate in them.

I guess if it's a school thing it's kind of fun, but don't take it too seriously.

Anything called a "Battle of the Bands" that isn't a high school thing is something you should avoid completely.
You play a set of originals or covers, and are either judged by judges or vote. If it's judges, be sure to
- nail all of your parts
- move around on stage
- get the crowd active
-Don't be shy.
Quote by MadassAlex
Don't play

-Welcome to the Black Parade
-thnks for the mmrs
-dirty little secret
-move along
-American Idiot
-Smoke On The Water

That is all.

fixed.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
yes, it is a high school battle of the bands, and an older friend said that they got points for not moving around the stage, and for their keyboard player switching to a trumpet.
Quote by messiah01
yes, it is a high school battle of the bands, and an older friend said that they got points for not moving around the stage, and for their keyboard player switching to a trumpet.

your friend wants you to lose.
just be rad

and even if you suck like a ***** on a friday night

at least you ballsed up and played
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Play a effing amazing solo to get the chorwd goin!
My gear:
Line 6 spider 2 75 watts
ibanez rg 570
fender hss hwy 1 stratocaster
washburn acoustic
^ pssht DEFINATLY move around, go to my profile that was our winning song in the picture, thats how u move but yeah basically get the croud going if your aloud to play two songs play an origanal and something everyone knows an do it well, the croud goes enthusiastic over energy if your death metal like us the second we play decapitated spheres of madness we all just start headbnagin its fun. but as for rules, idk how yours judges are but we had a sound meter for cheering, the croud chose the winner
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid