hey UG,

i was wondering how do you lubricate the nut.i read somewhere that you should put graphite on it but doesn't really explained it.how does it work,how would i do it myself?what good will it do to my guitar?by graphite,did it mean the same as the tip of a pencil?
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
i thought the first sentence and the title suggested "how to lubricate a condom" but okay.

i've heard coloring the part of the nut that makes contact with your strings with ur pencil works wonders. none of the "pingggg"s. i haven't tried it myself, but i'm sure its definitely worth a try.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Um... I don't want to tell you how to lubricate your nut, but i CAN tell you how to reduce string friction at the guitar nut.
Graphite. As EC said.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
My girlfriend and I like to use KY Jelly warming liquid. That's how we keep lubricated .
i really want to tell you to put icy-hot on it, but i dont want to get banned

just rub graphite on it
The Floshman
Quote by darkarbiter7
Um... I don't want to tell you how to lubricate your nut, but i CAN tell you how to reduce string friction at the guitar nut.
Graphite. As EC said.

yup,the guitar was exactly what i was talking about.i just used the title to get a little more views for the thread
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by ErosThanatos
My girlfriend and I like to use KY Jelly warming liquid. That's how we keep lubricated .

WTF???i was asking for the nut of the guitar.read my first post please
Quote by Gunpowder
A pencil does the job fine no matter what nut material it is. If your having reall trouble with it you might just need the slots widening slightly to stop the strings nipping. If you've not got a good breaking angle over the nut towards the machineheads that causes problems some times too.

NUT SAUCE Try this too!