Poll: What do metalheads hate more?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do metalheads hate more?
nu metal
23 72%
metalcore
9 28%
Voters: 32.
Nu metal or metalcore?

Nu-metal being stuff such as Linkin Park, Korn, and System of a Down. Metalcore being stuff such as UnderOATH, As I Lay Dying, and Avenged Sevenfold.

I know most big metalheads hate both of them, but I was wondering what you hated more.

No flaming .
korn pwns, but i hate soad..
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have no problem with either, and I love metal. It's just stupid when "tr00 metulz" fans get so closed minded

I agree, but I truly dislike Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold. I think that a lot of metal heads would like System of a Down if it wasn't classified as nu metal.
Im pretty much a metalhead but I like underoath and avenged sevenfold...its just a matter of opinion its according to wat guitar/vocal/drum styles people like...
Quote by bananasislegend
korn pwns, but i hate soad..

:O

Soad is the shiz.

P.S. Listening to Between the Buried and Me right now while playing solitare and foruming. I am teh br00talz.
Quote by HydraX
Name one quality of system of a down that makes them nu metal..

Fast singing/rapping. I love 'em, but they're kind of a combination of nu metal and thrash metal.
Quote by HydraX
Name one quality of system of a down that makes them nu metal..

Even If I don't classify them nu-metal, they have a general absence of solos on their more popular songs, and they bring non-traditional aspects into their music.
i pretty much grew up on nu-metal and is a main reason i like metal now. i like metalcore as in kill switch engage, lamb of god, unearth, ones like that. i wouldn't say underoath and avenged seven fold are metalcore though. more just like, gay.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
they both have their good and their bad
but i hate bands like UnderOATH and A7X and Atreyu

so i'll have to say that i prefer Nu Metal

although i do really like As I Lay Dying and BFMV...
Gooby Pls.
I dislike nu-metal. I'm not even sure about As I Lay Dying being metalcore anymore...their new album kicks ass...solos and everything
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I guess im considered a "TROO KVLT NEKR0 BLACK METALLER" but I really, really, really loathe metalcore. I dont mind some Nu Metal. I listen to indie and lots of softer genres though, too. but absloutely no core
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by gpderek09
i pretty much grew up on nu-metal and is a main reason i like metal now. i like metalcore as in kill switch engage, lamb of god, unearth, ones like that. i wouldn't say underoath and avenged seven fold are metalcore though. more just like, gay.

.....I have absolutely nothing to add to that
Quote by RentACar
Even If I don't classify them nu-metal, they have a general absence of solos on their more popular songs, and they bring non-traditional aspects into their music.

well i mean every band you hear on the radio today fits that mold, but as far as the non-traditional part, that wasn't a characteristic of nu-metal last time i checked.
i don't like nu metal because its near-complete absence of musical complexity gets boring after a few listens. but i don't hate it either.

metalcore is alright

what i really don't like is death metal that is poorly produced and has less musical coherence than nu metal songs do
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
right now i would say more metalheads hate metalcore for being "watered down, less talented metal rip-offs" and "the new nu metal", but i actually like it, and while nu metal doesn't appeal to me, i don't talk **** about it being a "lesser form of music" either.

music elitists irritate me beyond belief. someone might think a painting is genius, and another may think it's awful. it's all subjective. people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that music is an art form and can't just be classified as "good" or "bad" without consideration.
nu-metal.
there seems to be a total abscence of riffs that contain more than 3 notes.

the singers whine too much for my taste
Someone kill this abomination.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
nu-metal's ****tiness overwhelms metalcore's genericness in this case
This is ****in' stupid honestly. I don't listen to either but like wtf. They do have metal in the genre for a reason. Grow the **** up and get a ****in' life and quit making stupid threads.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore