so hi everyone... first post, but i've been browsing the UG forums for quite some time. Anyway, i've been thinking of buying an electric guitar and amp. Now i'm not new to guitars, i've been playing my acoustic for a couple of years, so i'm not going to buy a completely beginner guitar. What I've been thinking of is the Yamaha Pacifica or the Epiphone LP Standard. I know that's quite a big difference, and i'm calling upon you guys to suggest something similar that may be a good guitar and in the same sort of price range. Also, one of my main concerns is that I have heard that the Pacifica isn't that great for soloing, that its more aimed towards rhythm. Is this true? Is the neck a problem?

Also looking to get an amp. I was thinking of the vox ad15vt. Now another thing that I have noticed is that people seem to be recommending the ad30vt over the 15 because of the quality at lower volumes. So I would like some opinions on whether or not it would be a good idea to get the 30 instead of the 15. I'm open to suggestions for the Roland Cube, but from what i've heard the Cube is for metal type music, and I have tastes towards Hendrix, SRV, Clapton and other bluesy players, as well as hard rock (GnR, ACDC, Velvet Revolver, KISS etc.).

So basically, if you are one of those people who would rather not read all that stuff because you are too lazy, I am just asking for some suggestions/opinions on reasonably low-cost but not downright crappy electric guitars, and the valvetronix series/cube.

Thanks.
1llusionz: well i like to play some blues, so artist like SRV, Clapton, Hendrix, that sorta stuff. I also like to play some hard rock stuff, mostly that classic GnR, AC/DC, KISS, Queen..... dont mind some of the new stuff as well such as Velvet Revolver, Lenny Kravitz...

hrdcorelaxplaya: I've heard that the standard epi LP is quite a good guitar, but could you elaborate? I mean, why would you suggest that guitar? Is it a quality guitar in terms of construction for its price range? Or is it because of the style/artists that I chose? I only ask because the Standard Epi LP doesnt come cheaply, it costs a little bit, and I was wondering if it is worth the money.

Oh, and while I'm here, I heard off somebody's guide to buying guitars that the Epiphones are not a guitar that should be bought online. Why is that? Because there are some good deals on eBay for brand new ones.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Last edited by syk3d at Nov 11, 2007,