Alot of songs I enjoy to play involve palm-muting to get the original and best sound; problem is, for some reason, my palm-muting technique isn't the best, and I don't get alot of sound. Could someone fill me in on the best way to get a good palm mute, rather then just a soft note?
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
It's easiest just to get someone to show you, really. There's only so much explaining of it you can do. But generally, the closer you are to the bridge, the more sound you'll get.
Oh Shit!
alright thanks guys for the help
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
it's just a matter of playing around with it, change the position
of your hand and how hard you push down (mute).
try holding the pick like you would be holding a paper[two fingers index, thumb] just like you would while doing pinch harmonics. it'll be easier to put your palm near the bridge if you hold it like that.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
I presume your right handed. So hold your right hand in front of you, and look at it. The area between the wrist and the pinky, that whole side, id the palm muters palm. So now that you know what it is, Put that part on the strings somewhere anywhere. then slide it back torwards the bridge and pick and keep moving back until you find the spund that suits ya best.
Good Luck