I'm replacing the pickups in my Schecter and there are tons of options for the humbucker, but I can hardly find anything at all for a single.

Just looking for any legit manufacturer right now. I'll try and narrow down a sound once I know my options.

Thanks.
dimazio might make on because i know there's one in the ibanez universe
I don't like as i lay dying
I make them built from the ground up to your specs. I'm pretty sure dimarzio does too.
Not taking any online orders.
Hey Cord, that's an interesting idea.

I'm looking at either a Dimarzio Tone Zone or an SD JB for the bridge, so I'd want something close to the output of my choice and as versatile as possible. Honestly tho, I can't see going anywhere but up from my current neck pup.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I make them built from the ground up to your specs. I'm pretty sure dimarzio does too.

Quote by sanchezero
I'm looking at either a Dimarzio Tone Zone or an SD JB for the bridge, so I'd want something close to the output of my choice and as versatile as possible. Honestly tho, I can't see going anywhere but up from my current neck pup.

Why not get a splittable humbucker?
It's just as good really, but many true S/C fans will argue that.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by sanchezero

What kind of output and DC resistance do the 7 string versions of the tone zone and JB have? My experiance tells me that with 7 string single coil pickups maximum versatility comes at around 8K to 10K resistance. After that they start to get more mid heavy which isn't bad, but it limits what you can play with them. What type of amp do you have and what style of music do you play?

Quote by Kingyem0c0re
It's just as good really, but many true S/C fans will argue that.

I considar myself to be a true single coil fan but witht he right humbuckers I do think you can get true single coil tone from a split humbucker so that too is a good idea.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Nov 11, 2007,
What kind of output and DC resistance do the 7 string versions of the tone zone and JB have?

from their sites: JB 16.4k resist, 5.5khz peak; ToneZ 17.86k resist, 385 milliamp out.

I'm not sure what the 5.5khz peak measures, but it was the only spec other than the little fireball signifying 'hi output.' I'm also not sure if the JB specs are good for the 7 string or not as the site doesn't mention it.

I do know the ToneZ is ceramic and the JB Alnico5. I'm currently leaning toward the ToneZ. I don't thing it'll matter much to me. Which do you think you could build a better mate for?

As for me, at home I have a crappy SS15w amp, but currently only play thru a Boss Micro BR (I'm in Iraq). When I get home I'm grabbing a nice tube amp. For my music, I literally play a bit of everything so I want as much versatility as possible.

It's a single coil space.