I ended up with this tube amp head because I got a rediculously good deal on it.
I know the TSL 100 really is not meant for serious kick in the balls death metal but I want to hear any suggestions on how to get a Death metal tone out of this thing.

My budgest is around $800-$1000.

So far it has got brand new matched quad of JJ power amp tubes in it along with some tung-sol high gain preamp tubes. I have a bbe sonic stomp in the effects loop which is where it seems to work its best. I have a boss noise supressor ns-2 (peice of **** btw) so I may sell that and get an ISP decimator instead. For my overdrive pedal I currenty have the ibanez TS-9. The only guitar im using with this setup will be my ESP horizon custom with emg 81 and 85.
hmm, some people say though that the bass on the TSL is tighter and less loose and muddy than the DSL.
Quote by Say Ocean
No, the DSL is about 9 million times better. If you need to tighten up the DSL, boost it like I said. The DSL is a ****ing amazing amp

Sorry for the double, but one more thing. What exactly do you mean by boosting it?
Quote by Konstantine19
Sorry for the double, but one more thing. What exactly do you mean by boosting it?

You run an overdrive pedal on top of your amp's distortion with the gain set to zero and the level almost maxed, and it gives the amp a bit more gain and tightens up the sound. Lots of metal players do this.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
oh ya, Yeah ive been doing that with my TS9 but the results still are not satisfying with my tsl, I might be stopping by guitarcenter to see how the dsl compares with that being used with it.
Personally, I don't think you need to boost the DSL. It has tons of gain with the two OD settings. But I must admit I haven't tried to boost it yet.
Quote by laurens666
Personally, I don't think you need to boost the DSL. It has tons of gain with the two OD settings. But I must admit I haven't tried to boost it yet.

You don't, say, NEED to, but it would give it a different sound and feel. Hell, people boost Rectifiers. Its not just about gain, it tightens up the amp too.