The EVH one has an extra little button that is supposed to replicate the old phase-90.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I tried the two side by side, I ended up buying the regular Phase 90. It does the job for me. I'm sure someone can give you a more helpful answer to that one though. To me, it's marketing. I'd buy the EVH flanger... that's if I used, wanted, or even needed a flanger.
regular Phase90 works well. but it clips when you load it with high volume. if you suffer from the clipping, then just rip off R28 and there we go. sounds really close to the real phase 90.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
regular Phase90 works well. but it clips when you load it with high volume. if you suffer from the clipping, then just rip off R28 and there we go. sounds really close to the real phase 90.

EC has it right once again!!

Basically, The M-101 just has the block logo phasing. THe EVH has an option to switch between the script phase circuit (much cleaner but has some weaknesses) and the standard block logo circuit, plus aesthetic benefits with the EVH, such as the blue LED (which is as bright as hell and looks awesome) and the EVH custom paint job.

Overall, you are most likely better of with the M-101 with an R28 mod but the EVH is worth the money if you love your phaser effects. Try both and find out.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i actually liked the evh phaser a LOT more than the regular phase90...i didnt "cut r28" in the shop though...
there is a script phaser available for 100 bucks though so if youre after those vintage script tones, you might as well spend the dough on the (130-buck) evh phaser and get both worlds

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009