You need 15 units of high school education to get into college but you need 24 to graduate high school. Also how does reading stories from different periods of time help you in life?
im pretty sure all districts have different graduation requirements. and we learn from the mistakes of the past so we don't repeat them in the future, even if it doesn't always work.
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
it's knowledge for the sake of knowledge for the most part when learning about literature. it makes you a more cultured individual, so you aren't just learning the bare minimum to get through life.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
How does being cultured help you do anything with your life, I mean what professions are out there where you would need to be more cultured. I'm not tryin to be a dick I just want to know why I'm wasting my time on rediculousness.
Quote by Gator823
How does being cultured help you do anything with your life, I mean what professions are out there where you would need to be more cultured. I'm not tryin to be a dick I just want to know why I'm wasting my time on rediculousness.

There are many things about school that are ****ed up. Such as having to graph hyperbolas, even though it isnt too hard, its ****ing pointless...

all you can do is take it in the ass like a little bitch
Quote by Gator823

Dude, not to be mean but...you can't think of any professions that require you to be cultured?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Gator823

Maybe it's so you don't look like a moron in your everyday life. Your education can benefit you outside a profession you know. Wow, I sound like a bad motivational speaker, but still.
Grand Paladin of the Knights Who Say Ni

PM SGstriker for quiz to join

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.
No, he meant hyberbola.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.