Which scale length is better for detuning, 24.75 or 25.5?

I usually play in drop-c or drop-b...
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Well, the longer the scale, the less loose the strings will have to be, but the main thing is that you are going to need high guage strings, probably 12 will be big enough.

EDIT: Daron from SOAD used 24.75 length guitars, his iceman and his SG. I also believe he uses Ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom strings.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Nov 11, 2007,
Sigh..

You don't NEED 12 gauge strings for drop tunings. I can play fine in Drop C with 9-42 on all of my guitars. I need a 46 for B though on my LP.

It all comes down to how your guitar is set up, and how you like to play it.

Do you like your strings tighter, or looser? I'd probably go the 25.5, though if your playing in B a lot, have a look at some baritones.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by Cofflecakes
Sigh..

You don't NEED 12 gauge strings for drop tunings. I can play fine in Drop C with 9-42 on all of my guitars. I need a 46 for B though on my LP.

I didn't say he needed them, just that they would be big enough. I used to use a lot of low tunings, and I used 11's for drop C.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Well, the longer the scale, the less loose the strings will have to be, but the main thing is that you are going to need high guage strings, probably 12 will be big enough

Sure you didn't.

Why didn't you say you used 11s for drop tuning, and what scale length on the guitar? Saying he needs 12s isn't helping much.
Quote by kyrreca
Whoops. ya got me.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Well, the longer the scale, the less loose the strings will have to be, but the main thing is that you are going to need high guage strings, probably 12 will be big enough.

Cool.. i just wanted to make sure. I recently purchased a c-1 hellraiser and have been getting a fairly muddy tone. Right now I have some Beefy Slinky's on there (.54 bottom just because i like the feel ) I'm sure the problem is my amp though, you don't even want to know what i have.. I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "crappy spider 3"
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

rhymes or is synonymous?

Try adjusting your tone knob on your guitar, and messing with the EQ on your amp. Theres a bunch of things that could be causing the problem.

Probably the crap pickups :P
Quote by kyrreca