If you have ever been on my profile you'll know I dont play guitar, but i envy everyone who does, and it'd be a dream to learn. So with my birthday (This Thursday ) and Christmas coming up, I thought I might finally get enough money to buy a gee-tar.
I am a complete fkn n00b and need UGs help about some good starter packs or something for my first guitar.
I was told to never, ever go Squier.
I was thinking a Fender Strat Starter Pack. (I mean, It's a first guitar, no need to go all out) But just now someone told me that these are Squier.

Do they even make these starter packs in lefty? S'what I need.
How much money do I need?
Also, I've been meaning to ask, how many of your first guitars were second hand?

Edit: Keep in mind I live in Australia. Aussie currency.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Wrong section dude.
EDIT:
Quote by Bebemanger
Go acoustic first, better way to learn
+111111

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Grand Paladin of the Knights Who Say Ni

PM SGstriker for quiz to join

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.
Take this to Guitar Basics.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Kay (Y)
Will do.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
I found a starter pack that has a strat style guitar...but the brand is Tanglewood, which I am not familiar with
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Umm, if you want to learn electric, I would reccomend the Ibanez IJX121 starter pack, I got that and I love it, also, teach yourself to play right handed. Lefty guitars are harder to find and are much more expensive. I had to teach myself to go right (I'm a lefty too), and it's helped me a lot.
Michael
Quote by Bebemanger
Although this is very predictable of me to post, I also suggest Classical guitar in particular. I find that Rock music is a cakewalk to learn after studying classical.