So, you UGers who live on the west coast might have been to the In n Out burger drive-thru at some point. You tell them what you want and then they ask, "Are you eating in your car or to go?" I have always wondered what they meant. Of course I'm in my car, I'm ordering from the drive-thru! And of course it's to go, I'm not going to order from the drive-thru and walk in the resturant to eat my burger!

Somebody please explain to me what the hell they mean..
Quote by terrencemaddox
Could it be a joke?

No.. Everytime you go in the drive-thru they always ask this and seem so serious.
some people like to go thorugh the drive thru and eat in the parking lot. i know, its weird but it happens. maybe theres a different protocol for that.

and those crazy chinese people didn't get the drive thru when mcdonald's opened up in china, so they did actually buy the food in their cars and go into the restaurant.
Quote by paulvxD
No.. Everytime you go in the drive-thru they always ask this and seem so serious.

That's interesting. I don't know then, but I do want to go to Cali again just so I can go there. I hear they have excellent burgers.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
That's interesting. I don't know then, but I do want to go to Cali again just so I can go there. I hear they have excellent burgers.

Yes, there are excellent burgers here. I believe In n Out is only in California, Arizona, and Nevada.
It's because "in your car" means you'd be eating in your car, and "to go" would mean you'll be stopping somehwere, or going home and eating at a proper table.

thats why "in your car" comes in a box, so you can put it on ur center console and eat while driving (i advise not to...), and "to go" comes in a bag so it won't spill.

and im glad my nearest in-n-out is 5 minutes away. i love in-n-out. i might get some for lunch tomorrow.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by paulvxD
Yes, there are excellent burgers here. I believe In n Out is only in California, Arizona, and Nevada.

I hope I have a reason (at some point) to go to one of those states. I really want to try it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

^they're spectacular. they blow away jack in the box or carls jr. and the same price.

they make you triple burgers and four-by-fours (quad) if you ask them. or just tell them 24x24, they'll make it. seriously.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
One thing I do not like about In n Out burger is that they sometimes do not fully cook your burger. There's a lot of pink sometimes
i never had that tho...

but i answered the question of the thread up there.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^they're spectacular. they blow away jack in the box or carls jr. and the same price.

they make you triple burgers and four-by-fours (quad) if you ask them. or just tell them 24x24, they'll make it. seriously.

Well, there's my reason for a visit
Miss Scourge? PM me.

One day, when I am old enough to drive and have my driver's license I shall ask them what is the difference between "in my car" and "to go", while ordering.

Then I shall report back to UG.
Quote by ECistheBest
It's because "in your car" means you'd be eating in your car, and "to go" would mean you'll be stopping somehwere, or going home and eating at a proper table.

thats why "in your car" comes in a box, so you can put it on ur center console and eat while driving (i advise not to...), and "to go" comes in a bag so it won't spill.

and im glad my nearest in-n-out is 5 minutes away. i love in-n-out. i might get some for lunch tomorrow.

read the posts in your thread.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
read the posts in your thread.

Well, what if you're going to be eating in your car, on the go. You shall be eating your burger in your car while you are driving home. Which do you pick?
then it'd be "in my car" duh? if u want, just ask them for a bag if u absolutely need a bag.

the point is, if you want it in a bag, say "to go", and if u just want it in a box so u can eat in ur car, just say "in my car". i've been to in-n-out numerous times, both in somebody else's car as a passenger, and in my car either with another passenger or just myself.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
then it'd be "in my car" duh? if u want, just ask them for a bag if u absolutely need a bag.

the point is, if you want it in a bag, say "to go", and if u just want it in a box so u can eat in ur car, just say "in my car". i've been to in-n-out numerous times, both in somebody else's car as a passenger, and in my car either with another passenger or just myself.

Thank you. You seem to be quite an expert on this subject, I shall take your word for it.