Is it true you can get brain tumors or cancer from using a cell phone?

My girlfriend lives on the other side of the country and we just got on a phone plan where we can call each other as much as we like for only $6 a month.

She calls me ALOT so I get worried about having a cell phone up to my ear for atleast an hour a day. Is it just rumors that this is bad for you or should i go and get one of them earphone/microphone things you can plug into your phone?
It's one of the result that has been put forward by Modern day scientists. But personally I think ,It's all bull**** . Just get some earphones anyway .That way you'll be able to talk longer .
Hi
The radiation mobile phones gives off cannot go through your skin, although it might be able to go through the hole that is your ear, not sure. Better safe than sorry.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by abhishek21
It's one of the result that has been put forward by Modern day scientists. But personally I think ,It's all bull**** . Just get some earphones anyway .That way you'll be able to talk longer .

Never use other people's earphones, though, you might get ear cancer. You know it's contagious.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Quote by Zephyyr
Never use other people's earphones, though, you might get ear cancer. You know it's contagious.

Yes i know that.
Hi
I can't imagine it's very healthy for you to put anything to your ear for a long time most days, but I doubt phones really give you brain tumours. If they do, I apologise, and I'll pay for your medical bills when it happens.

Now talk to her and enjoy it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
no.
any1 who says cell phones give you cancer is either misinformed, or they are trying to sell you something.
I would say that the radiation isn't strong enough.

And besides, everyone knows that tumours only occur when you use deodorant that blocks your pores which forces you to sweat inside, hence tumour.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
i dont think it does....but if it does that MIGHT explain the lump thats starting to grow on my ear
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Quote by 7daycrisis
Is it true you can get brain tumors or cancer from using a cell phone?

My girlfriend lives on the other side of the country and we just got on a phone plan where we can call each other as much as we like for only $6 a month.

She calls me ALOT so I get worried about having a cell phone up to my ear for atleast an hour a day. Is it just rumors that this is bad for you or should i go and get one of them earphone/microphone things you can plug into your phone?

I believe its a fact that you have a higher risk of developing tumors and/or cancer from cell phones but the government keeps it all out of the public quite a bit.
We were reading about it in English class last week...

but i say you are only at risk if you are on a phone like 6 - 12 hours a day every day...

BTW, those earphone things don't help much from the radiation thing from what I've heard.

Why not used a wired phone compared to say a cell?

Vonage may work out good too...

I say just talk on the phone...if you want, get a wired headset but either way i dont think you or any others are at risk from this...
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 11, 2007,
It's just something new and therefore it's scary...
Remember how the microwaves used to look when they were new?
Right well think of it like this-its like microwaving your brain. Its not good for a long time.

Why not put it on speakerfone while you talk...or yea get headphones. Does your ear feel weird after speaking for ages?
Quote by Holesnusken
It's just something new and therefore it's scary...
Remember how the microwaves used to look when they were new?

Well, microwaves are dangerous to any matter based on hydrocarbons as they heat water. That is why microwave ovens have that protective stuff on them. The frequency of cellphones is quite similar to that of microwaves and possibly dangerous to infants when directly exposed for a longer time. Generally I wouldn't talk too much over mobiles. It doesn't directly cause cancer but can heat up cells by approximately one degree celsius (1.8° F?) which has unknown effects.
Cell phone radiation can mutate cells and destroy DNA... but only to a very small extent...
In theory yes, you can develop brain tumor if you've got yer cell phone stuck to yer head 24/7 while you're speaking to someone on it...

Though in reality, the chances of actually developing a tumor is almost slim to none!
Cell phone radiation is not very harmful and you really don't spend as much time with it stuck to yer head while speaking to someone as much it'ld take for the radiation to mutate cells into cancerous.

And cell phones emit significant amounts of radiation only when you get a text or you're speaking to someone on it. While you're phone is on standby, the radiation emitted is really little and harmless.
No, I don't think so. I doubt it's good for you, but a tumour is a bit of a stretch.

A friend told me about some guy who did a test for this which involved strapping several phones to his head and walked around like that for a week, constantly making calls with them. He turned out fine. (Although I don't know how accurate this story is).

Just don't put the phone near your balls, in case it does actually kill sperm.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
No, I don't think so. I doubt it's good for you, but a tumour is a bit of a stretch.

A friend told me about some guy who did a test for this which involved strapping several phones to his head and walked around like that for a week, constantly making calls with them. He turned out fine. (Although I don't know how accurate this story is).

Just don't put the phone near your balls, in case it does actually kill sperm.

It does it could make you not able to have children, as could Ipods and things alike.

EDIT: well not for definate but it has the risk, it kills cells dont it.
Quote by Guitar_picker36
It does it could make you not able to have children, as could Ipods and things alike.

EDIT: well not for definate but it has the risk, it kills cells dont it.

iPods can't make you infertile. The reason phone supposedly make you infertile is because they have to find the signal. iPods don't emit any signal.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
No, relatively recently the biggest study of it ever was carried out and the results came back "ABSOLUTELY NO"
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
Worrying about this sort of thing is ridiculous.

I could get all philosophical but I won't. Clearly living is "bad for ones health".