Can they? my mom keeps shouting at me for having my earphones on all the time...
they not in ear ones... they the big ones....are those better?
#$#@ i dont wanna go deaf! or lose my hearing .....
Is it true?
They won't make you deaf, they may make you hard on hearing though. Just keep the volume down with earphones.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
it certainly isnt great for em but hey you're young and your ears will recover effectivly.
Limit your usage. If you use them all the time you will have a greater chance of losing your hearing.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
any loud noise reduces your hearing this includes headphones...i thought it was common sense
They damage your ears. Think about it... repeating sound going nowhere but your ear cavity. Makes sense, doesn't it?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
your mp3 player should say somewhere in the manual, wich volume is the max you can listen to without damaging stuff in your ear. You might wonna lookt it up.

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by phobik
it certainly isnt great for em but hey you're young and your ears will recover effectivly.

if you lose your hearing while young it WILL NOT recover it. i've been hearing empaired (sp?) practically all my life, my hearing have never improved, just been standing flat or even gotten worse.
unless you got some miracle pills which can heal anything.
(if you find, please tell me. i'd love to hear like a normal person)

Quote by noxiosimitator
your mp3 player should say somewhere in the manual, wich volume is the max you can listen to without damaging stuff in your ear. You might wonna lookt it up.

110 db in ten minutes every day in a month will almost certainly give you bad hearing.
120 db in more than 15 minutes a day in a month and i can almost guarantee (sp?) that you will be needing hearing aids to hear like normal again.

so don't do that. stay at normal volumes under 95-100 db, it's not worth getting hearing empaired. if you're really unlucky (Like me) you'll get Tinnitus also, a "decease" that will make your ears "beep". nobody else will hear it, but you'll go mad after a while for sure. Really. No sleep until you get used to it, if you get used to it, really difficult to concentrate (sp?) on things you do and sometimes you don't even hear what people say over the beep.
so it's REALLY NOT WORTH IT!! take care of your ears!
use earplugs that decrease the "bad" frequences while playing with loud sound. always.
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Nov 11, 2007,